Reasons Xbox music sucks!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to compose a list of reasons Xbox music sucks for a lot of people. For me the Xbox music app sucks first for the name. I didn't use it for a while just because I thought I had to have an Xbox to use it. It has nothing to do with Xbox specifically so it's weird they call it Xbox music. Xbox music app on WP doesn't have any indication at all on what's explicit and what's not. The search function in the app sucks. The indication on whether you're searching the store or collection needs to be better. I've refused to sign up for Xbox music pass because it handles regular purchased music so badly. It never finds new audio files manually added to my 1520 but Xbox video seems to want to display every video file on my phone no matter where I hide it. It marks my owned audio as streaming for no reason so I lose access to them. It shuffles the same instead of randomly each time. It will still play music if you close out the app and will not stop until you press stop. It doesn't playback while using the phone function like iPhones. It doesn't even properly sort purchases find through the Xbox music app. I have some artist in the Xbox music folder and others just downloaded in other places. It doesn't have any feedback options in the settings to even send issues for correcting. If you have windows 7 you have no option at all for using it. It's really not advertised or functions as a proper central hub for your device the way iTunes does. That's a few things from me. Who has more? What don't you like about it?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to compose a list of reasons Xbox music sucks for a lot of people. For me the Xbox music app sucks first for the name. I didn't use it for a while just because I thought I had to have an Xbox to use it. It has nothing to do with Xbox specifically so it's weird they call it Xbox music. Xbox music app on WP doesn't have any indication at all on what's explicit and what's not. The search function in the app sucks. The indication on whether you're searching the store or collection needs to be better. I've refused to sign up for Xbox music pass because it handles regular purchased music so badly. It never finds new audio files manually added to my 1520 but Xbox video seems to want to display every video file on my phone no matter where I hide it. It marks my owned audio as streaming for no reason so I lose access to them. It shuffles the same instead of randomly each time. It will still play music if you close out the app and will not stop until you press stop. It doesn't playback while using the phone function like iPhones. It doesn't even properly sort purchases find through the Xbox music app. I have some artist in the Xbox music folder and others just downloaded in other places. It doesn't have any feedback options in the settings to even send issues for correcting. If you have windows 7 you have no option at all for using it. It's really not advertised or functions as a proper central hub for your device the way iTunes does. That's a few things from me. Who has more? What don't you like about it?

• Playlists cannot be downloaded or manipulated
  • No proper media players support their APIs, Windows 7 stuck to web player
  • Xbox Music is unusable on literally every platform but WP8 ... Even then needs improvement (reasons you have already mentioned)

This new "App" paradigm is so inefficient. Takes me twice as long to perform the same actions compared to WMP11.
Protip Microsoft: Update Zune Desktop, seriously.

Will not renew my Xbox Music Pass, and because of my experience I am shying away from anything Xbox.

P.S - Always thought iTunes was terrible software, Xbox Music is definitely an eye opener :O

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's so absolutely saddening that there aren't any other alternatives to play music on smartphones, tablets and computers. We're all stuck on Xbox Music. Oh wait..

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's so absolutely saddening that there aren't any other alternatives to play music on smartphones, tablets and computers. We're all stuck on Xbox Music. Oh wait..
All the alternatives on Windows phone 8.1 suffer playback issues: slows down while skipping, music stopping when playing collection even tho it has only played a tiny fraction of it, etc. In some way we are stuck on Xbox music. Bye.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
All the alternatives on Windows phone 8.1 suffer playback issues: slows down while skipping, music stopping when playing collection even tho it has only played a tiny fraction of it, etc. In some way we are stuck on Xbox music. Bye.

I seriously doubt you have tried every single app available in the store. Aside from the fact that I'm okay with Xbox Music, most apps I tried performed pretty well and weren't suffering from any of the issues you described here.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Here are some of the best music apps you should try: (In no particular order)
1. Perfect Music
2. ModernMusic
3. Zbox
4. Audiotica

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Given that Sam Sabri and various other Microsoft employees do regularly browse these forums, I'd say we're well equipped to get feedback into the hands of MS. I'm not a Zune/Xbox Music power user so that may explain why the app seems fine to me though I do miss Zune.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm not a music power user as well. However, from what music I do listen too (mostly during workouts) Xbox music is fine. It lists the music I've downloaded and plays what I want it to play.

Machiventa858

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
At least WP users have a seekbar (and OneDrive integration)! Android users can't rewind or fast forward! In 2015!

And shouldn't we be able to edit metadata with Xbox Music?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
New issue to add. I purchased an album and I somehow now have duplicate copies of some of the songs and when I go back into the store it shows that I didn't purchase some of the songs which is weird because I didn't purchase individual songs. I purchased the entire album.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss