The Great Snapchat Flood of 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
"And if we were to provide them with an app, would they complain about it as they are complaining now? Can they be satisfied?"

People are childish at times when they desperately want something. But answer me this, couldn't this whole issue had been averted if they had just made an app in the first place, or had taken Rudy up on his offer when he offered to give 6snap to Snapchat? It IS at LEAST partly their fault all of this crazy nonsense has been happening.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
We are remembering it's snapchat, a creepy little app for people who can't see their face often enough, feel everyone needs to see their food, or want to show something far dirtier to others!

For me it counts in windows phones favour that that idiotic app is not there.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
IT'S IMPORTANT that we don't say rude or nasty things! That will only make things worse!

We need to ddos them. Show who's the boss... The Luther King method isn't working, we need to use the Malcolm X method...

A less extreme option could be to developp an app that floods their support page and Twitter feed. Coupled with a system that switches to a new proxy every 5 minutes, they would have no way of stopping us. By the time Microsoft has pulled the App, enough people will have downloaded it, that their system will be completely wrecked. If 100 people in different time zones let this app run during the night, their dumb support will be unusable, and their Twitter will be too.

*Thanked by: Daniel Olsen*

It only took a week for you guys to devolve from a peaceful protest into planning actual criminal attacks on Snapchat, their systems, and their staff. I think you guys need to take a step back for a minute and calm down. You're acting a bit... well... insane. And for what reason? Someone won't make an app for your phone. Wow.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It only took a week for you guys to devolve from a peaceful protest into planning actual criminal attacks on Snapchat, their systems, and their staff. I think you guys need to take a step back for a minute and calm down. You're acting a bit... well... insane. And for what reason? Someone won't make an app for your phone. Wow.
You do notice I was mostly kidding, right?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Make sure you're looking at snapchat support, not snapchat
Nowt there either.

But hey, I like a good guessing game.

Now, what might we expect to see there:
Tweets about how awesome they are?
Tweets about how much they love being awesome?
Tweets congratulating themselves on being awesome?
Tweets trying to link their brand to some worthwhile cause/trend whilst being self-congratulatory and crass?

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
The whole thing started with Rudy Hyun posting a screenshot that snapchat support started to follow him on twitter...they then asked him to follow them back...who knows what this means, but obviously they're paying attention to Rudy and seem "friendly" towards him. Seems like a step in the right direction.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The whole thing started with Rudy Hyun posting a screenshot that snapchat support started to follow him on twitter...they then asked him to follow them back...who knows what this means, but obviously they're paying attention to Rudy and seem "friendly" towards him. Seems like a step in the right direction.

But in the comments under the posting snapchat Support came on and said they have no interest in furthering things with windows.
Maybe Rudy is going joining the Snapchat support team??

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Threads like this aren't convincing anyone anymore. The assumption that Snapchat cares about what a few million WP users want is just too obviously flawed. We could send a million tweets to Snapchat every day, telling them we want an app, to which they'd still reply: then get a different phone. No amount of complaining and whining will change their mind. For Snapchat, such complaints are basically free marketing on twitter.

The only thing that can work, is the establishment of an alternative service that does the same thing, on all platforms. Going completely silent, while simultaneously convincing millions of people to flock to a competitor would change their minds. Ironically, the best way to get snapchat is to have WP users initiate a popular movement towards something else.

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Threads like this aren't convincing anyone anymore. The assumption that Snapchat cares about what a few million WP users want is just too obviously flawed. We could send a million tweets to Snapchat every day, telling them we want an app, to which they'd still reply: then get a different phone. No amount of complaining and whining will change their mind. For Snapchat, such complaints are basically free marketing on twitter.

The only thing that can work, is the establishment of an alternative service that does the same thing, on all platforms. Going completely silent, while simultaneously convincing millions of people to flock to a competitor would change their minds. Ironically, the best way to get snapchat is to have WP users initiate a popular movement towards something else.

I see your thinking here, but I disagree. Things either go in one direction or the other, however slowly. And right now its headed in the direction of windows getting a snapchat app, not the opposite. They may be against it now, but Windows is changing. We've been getting big new apps, updates to critical apps like Spotify and vine, and people are talking about windows 10. It's only a matter of time. Call it wishful thinking, but I say within one year from now we'll have snapchat.

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
If we do, I believe it will be because market share is up, not because we harassed them.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

Well yeah, that's obvious. I'm pretty sure that all the harassment is what has made them ignore us for so long. Too many WP users make the rest of us look like disrespectful pigs that don't deserve an app in the eyes of snapchat and Evan Spiegel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb