Without Snapchat, Windows Phone will not grow

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Bold claim, but one I think to be true. This is from someone who doesn't see the point of snapchat, or even want to use it, but smart enough to see its importance in the mobile space...

"Old" people are even jumping on the bandwagon of Snapchat now, it will become as ubiquitous as Facebook and Windows will be the sole platform without a way to interact.

What say you? Try to think rationally and not emotionally

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Never really used or found the point of it.....but millions of brats with rich parents do! Hopefully it will faze out. I prefer whatsapp (and work colleagues the same). BUT dont blame MS for the lack of apps or flagship devices..... If the Devs don't want to know......then its their loss!

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Asian market now is biggest factor of smartphone revenue. In Asia one of the most popular IM service is. LINE from Japan. Thanks for Line support for WP we could Enjoy bunch of main feature from line. Even though line game is not available yet.

Snapchat may popular in America but in Asia? Nope

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
A sad but all too often true state of affairs. People do finicky things when they can't get that "one" thing they want.

Not true. On windows phone, there are single apps that can change ones experience with it and that can come in
handy or hurt.
As we all know banking apps are of huge importance to people who need them and are on the move running their business needing to make mobile check deposits and such. It saves time, is faster, it is a secure method and gives you flexibility that is unsurpassed as you can do this anywhere while getting other tasks handled.
Its not always ridiculous as it seems for one person to not use a platform for the sake of one app. It exists and the reasons are very real. It might jot affect you or me but other people it does.
And yes, snapchat is important to some for communicating with friends and family who all use it. I know my experience would be horrible if whatsapp didn't support us as this is my primary way of staying in touch with friends, family, coworkers and planning and executing events through groups and such.
And no. Not everyone is going to just switch apps just because your phone doesn't support it. That's inconvenient and annoying as well especially if other platforms do support it. This is more than just "one" app for many.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Not true. On windows phone, there are single apps that can change ones experience with it and that can come in
handy or hurt.
As we all know banking apps are of huge importance to people who need them and are on the move running their business needing to make mobile check deposits and such. It saves time, is faster, it is a secure method and gives you flexibility that is unsurpassed as you can do this anywhere while getting other tasks handled.
Its not always ridiculous as it seems for one person to not use a platform for the sake of one app. It exists and the reasons are very real. It might jot affect you or me but other people it does.
And yes, snapchat is important to some for communicating with friends and family who all use it. I know my experience would be horrible if whatsapp didn't support us as this is my primary way of staying in touch with friends, family, coworkers and planning and executing events through groups and such.
And no. Not everyone is going to just switch apps just because your phone doesn't support it. That's inconvenient and annoying as well especially if other platforms do support it. This is more than just "one" app for many.
My bank apps still there. They come since windows phone 7 era

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
An app won't and will never save the windows phone platform. Its Microsoft's decision whether they want it to grow or not.

ivan sarmiento

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Good thing MS focus on Asian and European Market instead of USofA.. Windows Phones are for Productive People.. For those WHO DO and not for those idiots who's wasting their time SNAPCRAPPING..

North Americans has never ending rant against Windows Phone.. But the truth is, their just a bunch of People who don't actually appreciate the platform..

I hope Microsoft stops supporting these Country and instead, bring the larger Asian and European Market the best for their Money..

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
There IS a life outside of all of these social media mediums; it just isn't as fulfilling in my opinion. Something something a person's greatest need besides food shelter and the basics is attention and social interaction. Some find it in Facebook, some in Line. But for those who find it in Snapchat, it is still a medium, and it gets sad when developers don't recognize this. It is equally hurting when those who don't feel the need for it don't realize other people's need for it, like having affordable healthcare for proper prenatal care (to stretch it, but it is a view).
I think Snapchat's best feature is it's ability to tell us who viewed our story. The story, to me, is like a one sided conversation to everyone on your contacts list about whatever you put on your story. Not everyone needs to listen, but those who do took the time to care and listen. Can you imagine all of those teenagers you keep battering on the internet at least being able to feel worth it for a second? I rather they be there than have no media presence and slip into depression.
I don't know, that's just my opinion.
Sure my friends have it, sure I have it,
sure it grew on me, and I liked it on WP
because it kept the fickle official parts out.
It was just sad to explain to my friends
where I have been on Snapchat.

ivan sarmiento

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
There IS a life outside of all of these social media mediums; it just isn't as fulfilling in my opinion. Something something a person's greatest need besides food shelter and the basics is attention and social interaction. Some find it in Facebook, some in Line. But for those who find it in Snapchat, it is still a medium, and it gets sad when developers don't recognize this. It is equally hurting when those who don't feel the need for it don't realize other people's need for it, like having affordable healthcare for proper prenatal care (to stretch it, but it is a view).
I think Snapchat's best feature is it's ability to tell us who viewed our story. The story, to me, is like a one sided conversation to everyone on your contacts list about whatever you put on your story. Not everyone needs to listen, but those who do took the time to care and listen. Can you imagine all of those teenagers you keep battering on the internet at least being able to feel worth it for a second? I rather they be there than have no media presence and slip into depression.
I don't know, that's just my opinion.
Sure my friends have it, sure I have it,
sure it grew on me, and I liked it on WP
because it kept the fickle official parts out.
It was just sad to explain to my friends
where I have been on Snapchat.

We grew up without internet.. Yet we didn't felt like we were not recognize and drowned in depression..

Teens nowadays are very brittle.. SMH

TheMiseryOfMe

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I kind of agree with his statement a lot of my friends say they won't switch to windows because it simply doesn't have the app quality and quantity of android and iOS, one of the main ones being Snapchat and they're often not to happy about the sub par versions of Facebook and twitter official apps we have along with not having the trending game of the month (flappy bird and crossy road as examples even though we have the imitations) . So while Snapchat is probably holding a lot of people back we need to address other problems as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit