Without Snapchat, Windows Phone will not grow

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh man seriously, what is snap chat? It has nothing to do with window phones growth imo. It only depends upon Microsoft whether wp will grow or not.

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
We grew up without internet.. Yet we didn't felt like we were not recognize and drowned in depression..

Teens nowadays are very brittle.. SMH

I feel like you knew I was directing my comment towards you and I applaud you on detecting my subtle shade. 👌
But from what I can notice, you weren't left in the dust by your peers or left alone for long amount of time on purpose. Which is evident, you weren't born during the nostalgia phase where something you knew in your early ages is now irrelevant. We are all eventually irrelevant and that's what scares most people, but just being able to be recognized every so often by our peers on our chosen medium is more uplifting and beneficial than you think.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I didn't say I think Snapchat is great, I'm just speaking the truth. I'm all for bashing Snapchat as much as the next guy and pointing out how useless it truly is - but the fact of the matter is people "need" (quote/unquote) this app - and the number of people that "need" it, is growing quite rapidly.

Without it, they will not consider Windows Phone - it's just a fact. Does that make it right? No, but it's the truth...

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
You know, I wasn't going to reply to this, which in my mind it's just another useless thread on WC and the internet.

but anyway.

I will just say, Really? you really think it won't grow because of this App? wow.

not everyone uses Snapchat, and if you are into it, and it's so important to you, you can't use something else. well... then WP is not the platform for you, and for for those few users who don't represent any worldwide statistics because in most countries, people don't really use Snapchat. I have an account, but I never used it because only few people I knew used it and we then used an alternative service because snapchat wasn't that important to them.

I know some people wants to say it's marketshare and blablabla a lot of bullshicrap. you know, in some countries WP is ahead of iOS, so not in every country marketshare is bad like US. but that's not my point... marketshare is marketshare and with all the billions around the world it is relative.

My point is, the problem WP doesn't have Snapchat it's Snapchat itself, not marketshare, and not features or APIs. And I said if people want to use Snapchat WP is not a platform for them, because Snapchat wants you to use iOS or Android. it's so obvious.... you know, when you see even Rudy offering his code to Snapchat and they don't care, they just ignored it... but then started blocking 3rd party apps just to block the only way of access to WP.
So yes, Snapchat expects you and wants you to use iOS or Android. so then... who cares? only people who use Snapchat cares. and we haven't really had an official snapchat app anyway. so it's not like it was expected with such a stupid company like Snapchat, there would be an official app.

so again, there is no point in this thread if we never had an official app, and there was obvious rejection from Snapchat on making an official app, even if someone was offering them with chicken and popcorn and a date with Paris Hilton, the code of a snapchat app that could have worked well.

but no, Windows Phone will grow just like it has grown the past years with stupid developers that are against it. and with really good ones that want to wrote the platform. Windows 10 might fix it? no. I don't expect snapchat to still develop and app. why? because they are idiots. that's all.

funny people asking if Snapchat or Line is better. of course Line would be better, they work on many platforms including windows 8 and windows desktop. I don't know many people who used it, but at least their brain is not damaged by stupid politics and believes that will never make them grow. because even if people want to say Snapchat is popular and all, well, it's not that popular outside few countries. and yes, it might affect windows phone, but like I said? we had never had an official app, and Snapchat has never cared about it. and they expect you not to use WP because they just don't care about "you" WP user.
of course some people will keep using Snapchat, but if you compare this company to others around the world... it would be nice if people realized how stupid it is, and stopped using it and found an alternative that worked worldwide, and with main OS phone platforms being supported. because developers like this, are just a waste of space in this world. They are more stupid than Kik company, but at least Kik made an app, and left it there and it's usable, it sucks but it can be used, so at least I can talk to people today. and kik didn't go bankrupt, or died for making an app for WP.

oh anyway. so much words for such a non important issue. Snapchat won't make WP magically grow even if they made an app (I would be dead by then) and not having Snapchat won't change most people mindset (just look how stupid stuff is around internet, making wars like if using a different OS was that important, so some will not use WP even if it made pancakes)

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I feel like you knew I was directing my comment towards you and I applaud you on detecting my subtle shade. 👌
But from what I can notice, you weren't left in the dust by your peers or left alone for long amount of time on purpose. Which is evident, you weren't born during the nostalgia phase where something you knew in your early ages is now irrelevant. We are all eventually irrelevant and that's what scares most people, but just being able to be recognized every so often by our peers on our chosen medium is more uplifting and beneficial than you think.

Everyday is a new and fresh day, full of opportunity. I suggest you ignore your current peers, as they limit you. Reach out and make new friends, friends that won't try to put limits on you.

Best wishes.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Mmmm...
I see global social media eventually dying off actually.

Perhaps "personal media" will be the way of things upcoming.
Could it be that parading your personal business photographically for the world to see is unwise and undignified?

I really think most of the world likes to stay hidden and the majority are wise enough to keep it that way.
Could be completely wrong here, yet common sense may eventually prevail with maturity.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's the kids Guytronic. Them pesky kids don't understand the concept of privacy - everything MUST be shared RIGHT NOW. To hell with the consequences.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
oh anyway. so much words for such a non important issue. Snapchat won't make WP magically grow even if they made an app (I would be dead by then) and not having Snapchat won't change most people mindset (just look how stupid stuff is around internet, making wars like if using a different OS was that important, so some will not use WP even if it made pancakes)

Obviously its not the sole savior of the platform, but it is most definitely a detriment to it. Point is, yes it's a stupid app as I have said since the beginning. But said stupid app is the #1 photo sharing service in existence today! Beyond Facebook, and Instagram. To foolishly believe it doesn't matter is just denial of its relevance.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Obviously its not the sole savior of the platform, but it is most definitely a detriment to it. Point is, yes it's a stupid app as I have said since the beginning. But said stupid app is the #1 photo sharing service in existence today! Beyond Facebook, and Instagram. To foolishly believe it doesn't matter is just denial of its relevance.

Idk why a lot of people here are in denial and refuse to see the bigger picture for what it is. You and i may think that its a stupid app (I don't btw. I see its importance just as instagram, vine and other photo and video sharing services).

However, it doesn't matter what we think. There are over 2 million people who use the app in the USA alone. Not to mention in other countries.

To neglect such a thing and that huge market just because of personal dislike/no need for the app just because you don't use it or see the need is just naive and short sighted at best and a seriously detrimental attitude to take towards our platform which we desperately need growth for.

Even Microsoft saw the importance of the app and its ability to help grow the platform and tried to get it onboard to no avail sadly. So why can you guys??

APPS LIKE THESE DO PLAY A ROLE. NOT THE ENTIRE END AND BE ALL BUT THEY ARE IMPORTANT.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
If Microsoft releases a beautiful phone that becomes a fashion accessory, people will buy it. Developers will develop. As weird as it sounds, that's why iphone 6 is such a hit. I hear people always ranting about how good the iphone 6 looks and how they switched from android because of the phone. People pick the hardware first, then they worry about apps once they bought it. It's like when people buy cars, most of them buy it because it looks good and fits their price needs. You think the majority of people care about how many cylinders it has or what tech it uses? That's all jargon to them. The techies are the only ones who care about that stuff, but the techies do not make up the majority of market share.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6