Without Snapchat, Windows Phone will not grow

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft releases a beautiful phone that becomes a fashion accessory, people will buy it. Developers will develop. As weird as it sounds, that's why iphone 6 is such a hit. I hear people always ranting about how good the iphone 6 looks and how they switched from android because of the phone. People pick the hardware first, then they worry about apps once they bought it. It's like when people buy cars, most of them buy it because it looks good and fits their price needs. You think the majority of people care about how many cylinders it has or what tech it uses? That's all jargon to them. The techies are the only ones who care about that stuff, but the techies do not make up the majority of market share.

It's a little more involved than being beautiful. I'd say Microsoft already won in that department. Apple has a much more complete ecosystem. WP's Achilles heel is currently Microsoft's mobile ecosystem.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Saying Windows Phone will not grow because of Snapchat is to say Snapchat is the only reason why someone would want to own a Windows Phone and that's simply not the case. Now this is not to suggest that not having Snapchat or any third party rendition, gives some a reason not to convert, but metrics have indicated that Windows Phone has grown over the past quarter.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes agree with important apps like Snapchat wp is dead in the water.Everybody even in India going for cheapstakes like Yu reka or xiaomi.So android is winning in low end.So wp is facing a slow death even inow end.I here talk about only India.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It's a little more involved than being beautiful. I'd say Microsoft already won in that department. Apple has a much more complete ecosystem. WP's Achilles heel is currently Microsoft's mobile ecosystem.

That's not true. Nobody even knows what Windows Phone is. I was at a party and showing my phone to people. They were surprised by it. I have an 830 and none of them asked whether it has apps or not, they assumed it did. Microsoft phones are rare to find to begin with. Any good phones come out as exclusives and no one cares. Marketing is bad too. I go to places and only see like lumia 520 or 635 on most major carriers here. Only 1 carrier sells 830 and it's not even promoted. Next, you're wrong about their phones looking good. People don't want boxy phones, they want little bezel, nice and curvy, well designed phones. As good as my lumia 830 looks. It is a bit on the boxy side. The corners jam into my hand while holding it. The plastic looking edge around such a nice glass screen just looks ridiculous.

Anyways, people don't know if Windows has apps or not. They find out once they have the phone that it doesn't have what they were looking for. The point is people have no clue what Windows phone is. Microsoft doesn't even bring most phones into North America. Maybe in India it's different. Microsoft needs balls and to just start releasing phones on all carriers at once. Make phones that support all countries that way there's no variants people have to wait for. Who cares about carriers. Just put a Microsoft store everywhere, sell phones straight from there, Market the hell out of them. People will pick their own carriers and then get a sim card or get it activated. As long as it supports the bands that's all that matters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon