Constant connectivity issues

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Over the past 3 days I've been having a real problem with streaming music through the music app. When trying to use the radio feature or just generally find and stream songs I keep getting an error message (screenshot attached).

It's driving me crazy. I've tried the usual fixes (soft reset phone, use different wifi connections, etc) I'd love to be able to uninstall / reinstall the app to see if that would fix any bugs, but obviously that's not an option with xbox music.

I'm convinced this isn't a internet connectivity issue on my side as all other phone apps that require an internet connection are working fine and all other devices in the house are connected too. Even when I kill the wifi and try to stream through 4G I still get the error message.

Paying Microsoft to not be able to stream and download content for 3 straight days sux big time.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix?Xbox Music Connectivity Screenshot.jpg

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you on the technical preview? I'm having the same issue I think its the preview. When I try Xbox music on my Xbox one it streams no issues

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you on the technical preview? I'm having the same issue I think its the preview. When I try Xbox music on my Xbox one it streams no issues

Hi.....nope, I'm on good old 8.1

It's weird as that. Issue has only appeared over the past couple of days. I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar the issue is Microsoft server side

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried on my Lumia yet but xbox music on windows is giving me the same error.

Yup....same here. This is absolutely a server issue. What I don't get is why its been allowed to quietly continue in the background for this long...surely we aren't the only people with this problem

carfreak715

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it totally matters, but I can't seem to connect to the Marketplace in the Zune PC app either these past couple of days - I posted a thread about it just before in the Zune section to see what others have to say - I wonder if it really is a Microsoft issue.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it totally matters, but I can't seem to connect to the Marketplace in the Zune PC app either these past couple of days - I posted a thread about it just before in the Zune section to see what others have to say - I wonder if it really is a Microsoft issue.

No idea but I wouldn't be surprised if the two are connected..... they've been having issues with Xbox live too..... all things considered they're pretty crap at running servers considering that's about their only job

Machiventa858

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

I replied in that thread. The Xbox and Zune marketplace are working for me now but there's still tons of songs missing from albums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb