When did skype for windows phone get the dark mode option?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just curious to know when Skype got the option to have a dark mode? It made my day when I found it in settings. While it's not reading the phone theme it's nice to finally have.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it's at least been a few months... I remember mentioning it a while back and going back and forth between the option and the default white.

Kinda wish it was an actual dark theme instead of the primarily black high contrast thing, but eh, its something.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's black and white without using the system's accent color. There is actually a bit of feedback on Skype asking for theming. I know as a developer it isn't hard to implement system colors.

I'm a little puzzled about Microsoft's theming direction in general. They are being rather inconsistent. On one hand they are making some apps and Windows 10 dark (but using greys instead of black), some white and not following the system theming that was introduced with Windows 8. Windows 10 has had some theme hacks as well but went away. The new store in Windows 10 for now can be theme switched by Ctrl+T.

It seems like they are just going a little bit darker and ignoring user choice in the matter. But grey is depressing, black is sophisticated.

I just want a black/white empty space theme that can be user toggled and work for all apps.

Back to the original topic, it is a little less jarring opening up Skype now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05