Construction / site journal /diary app

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I use OneNote, it works well and you can sync it and share it on many devices, and with Windows Phone you can pin each project (note) to the start screen. I'd REALLY like to see a robust file manager on Windows Phone where I could have folders for each project and put everything in it's original format in it.

buddler

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi Steve,

sorry, OneNote is well known, can be used under certain circumstances, but my company searches for a tool like DocuCam but with additional features like:
- incident manager
- add contacts
- list of open Tasks
- sort by building/level/ and ... erm .. electro/sanitary/cooling/heating, etc.

Have a look on FieldLens for Android.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fieldlens.android

OneNote is to wishi washi here.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a PM myself and I have yet to find a comprehensive tool such as what you're looking for. Primavera is ok for scheduling but I find Excel to be better for logging inspections and production flow in general. MEPs are usually the critical path and they require a separate log. It sounds like you want something for mobile but I believe your best bets are going to be on an x86 tablet. For handwritten notes on the fly when you're walking the field there's no substitute for Windows Journal. I know not too many people know how to open a .jnt file so I use doPDF which is a pdf converter like no other. I keep a "Notes" folder in OneDrive so everything saves there for whenever I need to share or print.

​If you do find something, please share. I'm always looking to make my job easier.

buddler

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi fatclue,

thanks for the hint with Windows Journal, but somehow it's pretty much like an archaic OneNote-ancestor.
I try to trigger fieldlens a bit to develop for Windows phone. When you look @playstore statistics, it says 1000 - 5000 installations. I bet the same will be possible on wp, escpecially in the european market.

If I find better alternatives, I'll post it here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos