How do you sync Xbox Music to phone after changing Microsoft Password?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
How do you sync Xbox Music to phone after changing Microsoft Password

I recently had to change my Microsoft Account password. Now when I try to play music on my Lumia 920 it doesnt work. It just says that the song cannot be played on this device. I assume its because it is still trying to sync with the old password, but I have no idea how to tell it to use the new one.

I have tried going to settings and accessing my Microsoft account from there, logging in with the new password, but it doesnt seem to change anything with my phone. Is there a way to change the password that Xbox music tries to sync with?

Thanks

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do you sync Xbox Music to phone after changing Microsoft Password

It could be a lag replicating your password throughout all the parts of Microsoft. Try restarting your phone. It will force all the individual apps to reconnect to their servers. It should give you an error message if it cannot log in successfully.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do you sync Xbox Music to phone after changing Microsoft Password

It could be a lag replicating your password throughout all the parts of Microsoft. Try restarting your phone. It will force all the individual apps to reconnect to their servers. It should give you an error message if it cannot log in successfully.

Tried restarting but no dice. When i tap "Sync Now" on the Music settings page it says Can't sign in. Do i need to do something on the xbox music website? Thanks

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Figured it out. Kind of silly but seems to work.

If I go to the Store App > Settings > My Apps, it forces me to log in with the new password. That new password seems to have propagated across all apps and i can now sync my music correctly. Strange that i had to do that, but it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett