Deleted Music from onedrive, readded music and now have doubles on phone?

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
All of my music got messed up on Onedrive, so I deleted it and moved another copy of my music folder back. Now I have doubles of most of my songs with one of the duplicates unable to be played. I get error code C101AB68 when it plays one of the duplicates trys to start. I had some problems with my computer as well, but I was able to fix it by uninstalling the Music app and reinstalling it. That doesn't seem to be an option on the phone. Everything works on my computer and through xbox music website but I can't figure out how to get rid of the duplicates on my phone. I've given it a few days with hopes of it just taking some time to sync but now luck. I saw that there used to be away to remove the Music app, and reinstall it but that method no longer seem to work. Any ideas? Thanks

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just curious...did you delete your music files from your account using a PC? You might want to log into your MS account online and manually empty your OneDrive recycle bin.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I'll give that a try. My OneDrive recycle bin still has all of the old deleted music files in it. Looks like it is going to take a while to empty it but will update later if it takes care of the problem. Thanks

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
All of my music got messed up on Onedrive, so I deleted it and moved another copy of my music folder back. Now I have doubles of most of my songs with one of the duplicates unable to be played. I get error code C101AB68 when it plays one of the duplicates trys to start. I had some problems with my computer as well, but I was able to fix it by uninstalling the Music app and reinstalling it. That doesn't seem to be an option on the phone. Everything works on my computer and through xbox music website but I can't figure out how to get rid of the duplicates on my phone. I've given it a few days with hopes of it just taking some time to sync but now luck. I saw that there used to be away to remove the Music app, and reinstall it but that method no longer seem to work. Any ideas? Thanks

Go to your OneDrive, find folder with music and open, look in their for another folder OneDrive Cache and open what do you see? Does it show your music X2? If so delete all doubles

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
For some reason I can't empty my recycle bin. All I get is a message saying Gathering Items. It stays that way for an hour and nothing happens. If I select one item to delete, I get the same message. I'll keep trying though

I wasn't able to find a folder called OneDrive Cache in my music folder. Could it be somewhere else? Thanks

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
was finally able to clear my recycle bin using the OneDrive phone app. Couldn't get it to clear though the web. Looks like some other people have been having trouble with that as well. As of right now, I still have some doubles and files that will not play on my phone. Hopefully it just needs some time to sync up and will be ok in the morning.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
was finally able to clear my recycle bin using the OneDrive phone app. Couldn't get it to clear though the web. Looks like some other people have been having trouble with that as well. As of right now, I still have some doubles and files that will not play on my phone. Hopefully it just needs some time to sync up and will be ok in the morning.

Sorry it's been such an ordeal. Hope everything works itself out soon.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Still didn't work. I ended up deleting everything and will try to start over. If this doesn't work I'm going to look for a different way to play music. Thought it would be nice to be able to use the same set up on my HTPC, phone, computer and tablets but this is taking way to much time for something that should be easy. Even if starting over works, I dont' want to have to go through this each time I remove music from my OneDrive.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Still didn't work. I ended up deleting everything and will try to start over. If this doesn't work I'm going to look for a different way to play music. Thought it would be nice to be able to use the same set up on my HTPC, phone, computer and tablets but this is taking way to much time for something that should be easy. Even if starting over works, I dont' want to have to go through this each time I remove music from my OneDrive.

Well, that's definitely a bummer. Sorry that I couldn't help. Once working, it really is nice to have access to all of your music from each different device. I hope this time things work out better for you.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I think it would have been an easy fix if I could have just uninstalled the Music app from the phone and reinstalled it. That took care of all of the problems I had with my PC and tablets. Looks like it was able to be uninstalled at one point but Microsoft must have fixed the work around that let it be done. I have everything off OneDrive now and all music deleted off my phone. I'll add stuff back in and see if it works.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I can't empty my recycle bin. All I get is a message saying Gathering Items. It stays that way for an hour and nothing happens. If I select one item to delete, I get the same message. I'll keep trying though

I wasn't able to find a folder called OneDrive Cache in my music folder. Could it be somewhere else? Thanks

Ok your doing it on the web? Well everything I do is on the phone. I use OneDrive app and Metro File Manager to view, move, change names and delete files including music folders. I had all the same problems as you not long ago and now have all organized perfectly. Also tags in your music files are important and their are a few good apps to do that to.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok your doing it on the web? Well everything I do is on the phone. I use OneDrive app and Metro File Manager to view, move, change names and delete files including music folders. I had all the same problems as you not long ago and now have all organized perfectly. Also tags in your music files are important and their are a few good apps to do that to.

Thanks, Ill try looking on the phone and will give that a shot if I run into trouble again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs