Calling landline through Skype, how's the experience??

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's great on a stable data connection and very reasonably priced. I went to Italy for 32 days last fall and used Skype to call back to the US. I put $10 in and came home with $4.80 left. I'd estimate about 2 hours worth of calling...

One hotel had dodgy WiFi so it wasn't too good from there, but overall very nice.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Skype-Out for practically all my cross-border calls, most often between Switzerland, the U.S. , Canada, Germany, France, Japan and Brazil. Rarely do others even notice I'm not calling from a conventional land line. Like RumoredNow mentioned, It just requires that you have a fast and stable internet connection. The other side doesn't matter as they are just answering a normal telephone call.

I wouldn't mind if on startup, Skype quickly tested the internet connection and gave me some indication of expected call quality. That would be a handy feature when visiting areas with less than perfect internet infrastructure.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...I wouldn't mind if on startup, Skype quickly tested the internet connection and gave me some indication of expected call quality. That would be a handy feature when visiting areas with less than perfect internet infrastructure.

I smell lots of votes on user voice for this...

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, I got one year subscription for office 365 with 60 minutes monthly, I tried to call a university in Malaysia I'm planing to study at, the call was ended 3 times after several minutes :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss