RE: Microsoft Discontinuing MSN Apps

Paul Stoner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
RE: Microsoft Discontinuing MSN Apps

As most users are now well aware, Microsoft announced recently the discontinuation of three of the MSN branded apps for all platforms; MSN Health & Fitness, MSN Food & Drink, and MSN Travel. Has anyone heard any news as to whether or not Microsoft will be replacing these apps with something newer? Or are they letting Microsoft Health step up, and third-party apps pick up the others?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Discontinuing MSN Apps

They haven't said, but they're probably going to integrate health and fitness into Microsoft Health. Microsoft has like 3 different health apps. They needed to consolidate. I don't know about Travel (mainly because I don't even know what it did), but I'm pretty sure there are already other apps like Food and Drink

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm disappointed too I like tracking my steps.
The Microsoft Health app tracks steps even without the Band. That's what I use now. But everything else requires the Band.

I'm sad they had to go...

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

There are no replacements. It was clear in the email sent us that we now have to use their websites instead.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

Alabamatick

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Spencer
"I'm disappointed too I like tracking my steps"

Yeah, me too, it's the only msn app i use and i couldn't care less about the ones they're keeping / concentrating on

also it's the only fitness app in the store that suits the way i workout / track calories, :(

Last edited:

Just_Me

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I will miss the msn health app, especially the calorie tracker. The Microsoft Health app is lacking on the polish side. No live tile, can't manage calories, GUI not as nice. Also liked the 3d body & symptoms checker in the tablet app. Had some much more polish.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

I go way back and my MS sign-in is one of the old MSN.com accounts. I've kept if for over 15 years. Wonder if these accounts will be ended or changed?

puckrazy1

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

The funny thing is when I got my Icon I decided to stick with the MSN apps for pretty much everything. News, weather, health, etc. I figured even with the app gap and poor support for WP from just about every vendor surely the MSN apps will be updated and kept functional. They typically were updated and bugs corrected...then this. Thanks for the support Microsoft.

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Having an odd problem with the MSN Travel app. It's not installed on my phone, and yet I get an update notification for it. If I try to update it fails with the "attention required". I can cancel the download, but the update comes back. And at this point I can't install from the store, because when I go there, it shows I have it installed and it has the update button rather than install. Been like this for weeks. Really annoys me. Any ideas?

One other thing I tried was installing the app on my PC (since it is universal). And then I uninstalled and checked the box to remove from all devices. Still nothing. I even removed the travel interest from Cortana just in case that had some ductwork. Nothing. I'm sad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2