How can I delete the URL suggestion in Microsoft EDGE browser for a particular site?

Vishnu PG

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Need to delete the URL suggestion in Microsoft EDGE browser for a particular site.

Hi Everyone,

I love how the edge browser on windows 10 syncs our browsing history between the phone and PC even with WP 8.1 and Win 10 PC. But I can't seem to find an option that enables us to delete the information for a "xyz.com" site "only" without losing all our history of other sites.

Scenario:

I visited a Site "XYZ.COM" on my phone , now currently on my edge browser in my PC, when I type in the X on the address bar, the site is the first to be shown, I don't want that, but in order to remove it I have to clear all my browsing history, which will remove my usual sites too. That would be disastrous, is there any option that can help me delete the URL suggestions for that particular site only.

PS:
For those of you wondering the site cannot be mentioned by name but I can divulge that i forgot to use "In-Private Browsing" for an instant and now I cannot seem to delete the site info without affecting all my other history and forms and stuff for all the other sites. Help is much appreciated and I believe I am not the only person who needs the solution to this problem

CheDragan

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Need to delete the URL suggestion in Microsoft EDGE browser for a particular site.

I have the same issue - typically with browsers you could click something like 'delete' or ALT-delete while on that very suggestion in the address bar. That doesn't seem to work with edge. I've found that annoying, edge seems to strangely remember some odd link we manually entered in the address bar and offers that as a first one. I have a problem with gmail, I like to type "mail."...
Anyhow, the only work around it I found is to make Edge "learn" some other links instead. Just go on and type "xsomething else.com" - and add 10 of those or something. You need to open a new tab and type a full link and open it. That makes edge save that and push it to the top of the list. If it doesn't work at first, try opening it couple times to increase some counter. That should push your xyz down the list, not ideal but worked for me.

CheDragan

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Need to delete the URL suggestion in Microsoft EDGE browser for a particular site.

Annoying - as a work around - try manually typing into the address bar (and going to that site actually) some other links that start with X or XY - that you would want to show in front of that offending url. If you add more of these you'll push the xyz down the packing order with time. The only way I found and it worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea