How to change the artist picture on Groove Music (W10 for phones only)

sharelee

May 8, 2014
Visit site
EDIT : (sorry for my english !)

Here is the tutorial (for W10 for phones only) :

Before beginning this tutorial, you need to do the Interop Unlock hack available here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/win.../jailbreak-interop-unlock-windows-10-t3178140 (just follow the recommended instructions)

1. Now, connect your phone to your PC, then go to this folder :
Phone>Data>Users>DefApps>APPDATA>Local>Packages>Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe>LocalState>ImageCache>20

2. Copy the files from this folder to your PC.

3. Add .jpg to each file (If you have many files, you can use RenMultiFiles Pro) to convert files in pictures.

4. You should have a 640x640px picture of each artist. (853x853px if you use a phablet).

5. Edit the files that have this defintion by changing the picture (use Photoshop, The Gimp...)

6. Delete the .jpg extension from your edited files and replace them in the same folder used in step 1.

These steps just change the Artist picture appearing on the Now Playing screen.

7. If you want to change the icon on the Artist Menu, the Header artist picture, and the pictures used in live tiles, you need to go to : Phone>Data>Users>DefApps>APPDATA>Local>Packages>Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe>LocalState>ImageStore

Do the steps 2 and 3 but now, you should have these pictures with the following size for each artist :

140x140px -> Icons in Artist Menu
480x360px -> Header
71x71px -> Small Live Tile
150x150px -> Medium Live Tile
310x150px -> Wide Live Tile

Then delete the .jpg and replace them on your phone !

8. Open Groove and enjoy :D

I just noticed that when we update Groove, the files from the last folder (....>ImageStore) are updated too. So you have to do step 7 whenever you update Groove !

---------
Hi everybody, I just wanted to know if anybody was interested in a tutorial about changing the artist picture (not add an artist picture, I didn't find it yet) displaying on Groove.
If you are, I can write a tutorial !

Tell me in comments ! :wink:

Last edited:

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Why not just do the tutorial and bask in the appreciation of your peers.
Hehehe...
It wouldn't help me, though, as Groove has never displayed artist images.
I play local MP3s.
JJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon