3 Things Have to Change Now With the App Store

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
1. Remove the same damn garbage app being published by the same guy with just a different name and icon

2. Remove apps that charge you then still run ads.

3. Apps need to be able to be stored on your computer like iOS. Im tired of everytime I reset my phone or get a new device, finding out that I lose ? of my apps because the dev pulled them.

4. They need set a limit on the number of ads an app can run. There is an influx of apps that literally bring up a pop up ad with each time you touch the screen.

Last edited:

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I forgot a big one

5. No app should be allowed in the shop that hijacks the alarm clock. Tired of garbage Gameloft developers back-dooring around turning their notifications off by hijacking my alarm clock to tell me that either my soldiers or sheep have missed me dearly.

giustopio

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
And still apps may disappear from the app list until you do an hard reset! They should solve this. Make possible to uninstall apps from the Store.

Last edited:

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
6. Ban the devs that charge for an app, then when they make an update, submit a whole new app to the app store, and try to charge you another $2 to get fixes for what you already paid for.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
6. Ban the devs that charge for an app, then when they make an update, submit a whole new app to the app store, and try to charge you another $2 to get fixes for what you already paid for.

Yes that's right; I agree with this one!

There is a place for it though. One example is MLB At Bat. There's an annual cost for the Premium service, so they just submit a new app every year to make you pay again.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
They also need to bring back the "Last updated" information to the store on the web (where I usually look for apps). I don't want to buy an app only to find out it hasn't been updated for three years.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
They also need to bring back the "Last updated" information to the store on the web (where I usually look for apps). I don't want to buy an app only to find out it hasn't been updated for three years.
^^THIS! I couldn't agree more!
I forgot a big one

5. No app should be allowed in the shop that hijacks the alarm clock. Tired of garbage Gameloft developers back-dooring around turning their notifications off by hijacking my alarm clock to tell me that either my soldiers or sheep have missed me dearly.
I don't think apps should be banned from the store for "using" this feature, because there are a lot of alarm clock apps that have a real and legitimate need to do so. However, for developers that hi-jack it just to send you notifications? They should receive heavy fines and their developer status suspended.

3. Apps need to be able to be stored on your computer like iOS. Im tired of everytime I reset my phone or get a new device, finding out that I lose ? of my apps because the dev pulled them.
The reason Microsoft allows this is because sometimes it is Microsoft that pulls an app due to copyright infringement and/or theft. Some people take another person's app, hacks it, then re-uploads it as their own to make their own money. When Microsoft does discover these, they get pulled from the store as they are counterfeit apps.

Other times a developer pulls an app because of a serious bug, or because the app has become outdated and is no longer reliable. Banking apps for instance, if not kept up with the banks database changes, can become dangerous to use.

I would like to be able to store the apps on my computer, though, to be able to restore all the apps I want to use without downloading them all over again. Let the phone check to see if they are still in the store, but use my local copies for install so I don't waste a 1GB+ download for installing all those apps again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos