What it a serious Security Suite for Windows 10 Enterprise?

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Serious Security Suite for Windows 10 Enterprise

Need suggestions for a security suite that actually works. I have to deal with tons of infected flash drives and spam mails and for the coming year, I cannot afford to deal with an sort of data losses.

I used to have AVG when I used Windows 8.1. However, AVG failed to stop a virus from an infected flash drive that actually messed up with Windows Installer. I tried Bitdefender Total Security lately and it has an annoying bug - it shows extensions of all files. Also, Bitdefender modified some Windows settings on 10. For now, I have Defender only.

Can anyone suggest me a security suite that will provide decent protection (online and offline) without much hassles (small updates, good detection, low performance impact and most importantly, does not mess with system settings)? I would like if there is a PC tuneup thing - something that came with AVG as a separate program, but that is not mandatory.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Serious Security Suite for Windows 10 Enterprise

None.

Also. Simple disable autorun and your flash drive "infections" will not bother your computer.

"The best defense against computer viruses might not even be antivirus software, but a crafty combination of education and common sense."

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Serious Security Suite for Windows 10 Enterprise

I really agree with your quote over there. In fact, I have spent days with just Microsoft's solution till I had to work other people, and infected systems. There are times when implementation of common sense takes a bit more time and having a security suite makes it easier. Right now, I have a flash drive on my desk that is infected, there are some videos on it that are to e taken out.

For now, I will boot up using Tails or Elementary OS and then take the files from the flash drive, then reboot back into Windows. This is the safest procedure that I can think of right now. However, a couple of months from now, I might not even get that much time. So, a security suite would be a convenient option.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Short story long; I recently sent my Dell Laptop back for repair. It was sent back with a clean install of Win 8.1. I immediately noticed multiple popups that I did not see before repair. Was the Dell load infected; I don't know.

This happened about the time Win 10 was officially released so I upgraded. Win 10 Home

As I reinstalled the software I had on my laptop before repair, the problem got worse. I could not even open a website without multiple pages opening making doing anything useless.

I started researching what to do and the best option for me (not a techno geek) was to load and use some type of protection software. I had good results in the past with Symantec so I opted to buy and download the Security Suite. Windows Defender was not doing the job by the way. I would run a full scan and it found no problems.

The first scan I did using Symantec was a full scan and it found over 100 problem files and programs on my PC. It took a few times of scanning but I now have a computer I can use.

Don't know anything about any of the other security programs except McAfee and Windows Defender and neither was helpful at all for me. I can recommend Symantec because it worked for me.

Hope this helps. You can use the Symantec for free for 30 days so you might give it a try.

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Short story long; I recently sent my Dell Laptop back for repair. It was sent back with a clean install of Win 8.1. I immediately noticed multiple popups that I did not see before repair. Was the Dell load infected; I don't know.

This happened about the time Win 10 was officially released so I upgraded. Win 10 Home

As I reinstalled the software I had on my laptop before repair, the problem got worse. I could not even open a website without multiple pages opening making doing anything useless.

I started researching what to do and the best option for me (not a techno geek) was to load and use some type of protection software. I had good results in the past with Symantec so I opted to buy and download the Security Suite. Windows Defender was not doing the job by the way. I would run a full scan and it found no problems.

The first scan I did using Symantec was a full scan and it found over 100 problem files and programs on my PC. It took a few times of scanning but I now have a computer I can use.

Don't know anything about any of the other security programs except McAfee and Windows Defender and neither was helpful at all for me. I can recommend Symantec because it worked for me.

Hope this helps. You can use the Symantec for free for 30 days so you might give it a try.

Try scanning with MalwareBytes as well.