missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
DO NOT UPDATE THE NETFLIX APP. While the app hasn't worked for 90% of Windows Phone users for about a year, this app foes nothing more than break the damn thing for the other 10%. Worst supported app ever.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
so i am one of the lucky 10%? Had no problems this year with netfilx on my 1520. But maybe i will wait to update the app until we get some positive reports about it here.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
so i am one of the lucky 10%? Had no problems this year with netfilx on my 1520. But maybe i will wait to update the app until we get some positive reports about it here.

Mine was fine also. This review broke it. Feel free to update it and see if the same Iis happening for you. Others on twitter are reporting the same.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea, the Netflix app has always been very reliable. It's just the current update clearly has a big bug that makes the app crash as soon as you try to play a vid. Doubtless it'll be sorted before the end of the day, if only reverted to the previous version.

Not sure what the OP is doing, but clearly he has device or network issues because the Netflix app works on all my devices even over hotel WiFi, and for everyone I know. Also, Netflix phone support is excellent. I think that '90%' might just mean his household...

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea, the Netflix app has always been very reliable. It's just the current update clearly has a big bug that makes the app crash as soon as you try to play a vid. Doubtless it'll be sorted before the end of the day, if only reverted to the previous version.

Not sure what the OP is doing, but clearly he has device or network issues because the Netflix app works on all my devices even over hotel WiFi, and for everyone I know. Also, Netflix phone support is excellent. I think that '90%' might just mean his household...

Not to argue, but go look at the ratings. There are a ton of people that cant get older version to run. For those that have the issue, the fix is to turn off app backups, and delete old backups, uninstall the app, and reinstall. The old issues had to do with an issue with the way the app retrieved old app data. If you didn't do this you got a video and audio error. Again, not everyone, but if you look at the reviews, it was A LOT of us.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Not to argue, but go look at the ratings. There are a ton of people that cant get older version to run. For those that have the issue, the fix is to turn off app backups, and delete old backups, uninstall the app, and reinstall. The old issues had to do with an issue with the way the app retrieved old app data. If you didn't do this you got a video and audio error. Again, not everyone, but if you look at the reviews, it was A LOT of us.

Really? Strange, the app I'm running has no settings beyond the account log in details, and obviously they don't get backed up.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Really? Strange, the app I'm running has no settings beyond the account log in details, and obviously they don't get backed up.

If you watch the screen in the Store, where it will shows downloading and installing, it will go to a few seconds of 'Retrieving Backup Data' at the very end.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes