1. missionsparta's Avatar
    DO NOT UPDATE THE NETFLIX APP. While the app hasn't worked for 90% of Windows Phone users for about a year, this app foes nothing more than break the damn thing for the other 10%. Worst supported app ever.
    08-27-2015 05:05 AM
  2. EndOfRope's Avatar
    Hi,
    so i am one of the lucky 10%? Had no problems this year with netfilx on my 1520. But maybe i will wait to update the app until we get some positive reports about it here.
    08-27-2015 06:57 AM
  3. missionsparta's Avatar
    Hi,
    so i am one of the lucky 10%? Had no problems this year with netfilx on my 1520. But maybe i will wait to update the app until we get some positive reports about it here.
    Mine was fine also. This review broke it. Feel free to update it and see if the same Iis happening for you. Others on twitter are reporting the same.
    08-27-2015 07:10 AM
  4. AndyCalling's Avatar
    Yea, the Netflix app has always been very reliable. It's just the current update clearly has a big bug that makes the app crash as soon as you try to play a vid. Doubtless it'll be sorted before the end of the day, if only reverted to the previous version.

    Not sure what the OP is doing, but clearly he has device or network issues because the Netflix app works on all my devices even over hotel WiFi, and for everyone I know. Also, Netflix phone support is excellent. I think that '90%' might just mean his household...
    08-27-2015 07:20 AM
  5. missionsparta's Avatar
    Yea, the Netflix app has always been very reliable. It's just the current update clearly has a big bug that makes the app crash as soon as you try to play a vid. Doubtless it'll be sorted before the end of the day, if only reverted to the previous version.

    Not sure what the OP is doing, but clearly he has device or network issues because the Netflix app works on all my devices even over hotel WiFi, and for everyone I know. Also, Netflix phone support is excellent. I think that '90%' might just mean his household...
    Not to argue, but go look at the ratings. There are a ton of people that cant get older version to run. For those that have the issue, the fix is to turn off app backups, and delete old backups, uninstall the app, and reinstall. The old issues had to do with an issue with the way the app retrieved old app data. If you didn't do this you got a video and audio error. Again, not everyone, but if you look at the reviews, it was A LOT of us.
    08-27-2015 08:35 AM
  6. Mark Baker3's Avatar
    Netflix is a poor app reliability wise. A soft reset fixes it every time for me however.
    08-27-2015 08:53 AM
  7. AndyCalling's Avatar
    Not to argue, but go look at the ratings. There are a ton of people that cant get older version to run. For those that have the issue, the fix is to turn off app backups, and delete old backups, uninstall the app, and reinstall. The old issues had to do with an issue with the way the app retrieved old app data. If you didn't do this you got a video and audio error. Again, not everyone, but if you look at the reviews, it was A LOT of us.
    Really? Strange, the app I'm running has no settings beyond the account log in details, and obviously they don't get backed up.
    08-27-2015 03:33 PM
  8. missionsparta's Avatar
    Really? Strange, the app I'm running has no settings beyond the account log in details, and obviously they don't get backed up.
    If you watch the screen in the Store, where it will shows downloading and installing, it will go to a few seconds of 'Retrieving Backup Data' at the very end.
    08-27-2015 08:59 PM
  9. AndyCalling's Avatar
    Well, the contents of the Netflix devs' minds is clearly God's own sweet mystery.
    08-28-2015 09:52 AM

Similar Threads

  1. How can I get Netflix and Windows 10 working together?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Windows 10
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 08:38 PM
  2. Why won't the Netflix app open?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2015, 04:42 PM
  3. Why don't Netflix videos and Facebook videos play on Windows 10?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Windows 10
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2015, 09:01 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2015, 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD