Outlook email will not work on my Lumia 640 Xl

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I got a Lumia 640 XL as my first Smartphone a week ago.
I have been trying to set up my email on the phone.
My email provider ( ISP ) is Cox.net

I use it on my Desktop ( this computer ) and on my Surface Pro Tablet with no problems.
The Desktop is running W10 as is the Lumia phone.
The Surface Pro is running W8.1.

I input the password into Outlook email on the Lumia and it will often say it is working and then pops up and tells me my settings are out of date and wants me to put the password in again. It retains the user name.

I just keep going through the same routine over and over and over.

I can't find anywhere that will let me set the ports for it to use. Unlike the real Outlook email client.

I can't easily send pictures without being able to email them without jumping through hoops / transferring to another computer first where the email works.

I am so very very frustrated. People just say to call Cox support but I don't see how they can help because the problem is NOT with their email system --- it works fine on my other machines. All they could do would be to tell me to ' try again ' because they are not Windows experts nor are they experts with Windows 10 or Outlook or Lumia smartphones.

Anyone using a Lumia 640 XL and Outlook email on Cox.net?

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I plan on getting your exact phone soon. You say that your 640 XL is running W10? Did you update this yourself and if so what build? because it shipped with 8.x I believe. Perhaps this is a W10 Mobile problem? When you setup Outlook on your phone did you enter all the pop3 settings for Cox? Maybe worth deleting the email account and starting fresh again?

Edit: Ignore me this is an old thread guess you fixed it by now lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05