Groove Music syncs everywhere EXCEPT on mobile???

betermin

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've been struggling for a long time to get my OneDrive music to sync properly with my HTC One M8 for Windows. I am currently running build 10536 on it, and everything is working great... except for exactly that same problem. I've had no issue syncing all of my OneDrive music to several other devices including my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (in the app and the web player), my old Lumia 928, my previous work phone Lumia Icon (on both W10MTP and WP8.1) as well as the Groove Music app on my Nexus 10 and Droid Turbo.

The problem I'm running into now is that Groove Music for Windows 10 Mobile is showing NO sign of evening trying to sync. I've tried signing out and signing back in to get it to trigger. I've tried letting the app sit open and hope that EVENTUALLY it will start searching for my cloud music. And before anyone asks, no, I did not perform a hard reset. The reason I haven't is that HTC includes this horrible little "enhancement" called Boomsound in their settings which absolutely ruins audio quality when I have the device plugged in to headphones or auxiliary. When I do a hard reset on W10M, it removes the ability to toggle this setting on and off and leaves it in a perpetually "on" state.

Is anyone aware of a fix for this? Has anyone else been having the same problem? I've never had this problem with Play Music on Android with my music library, and (sadly) I'll betcha very few people are having this issue with Apple Music. But I like Windows Phones, and I'm not planning on changing. Why in the hell can't Microsoft just get a simple music app right that it's competitors perfected some time ago?

Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions :)

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
On earlier builds I had to wait for about 30 minutes, with Groove open, before my Playlists started to sync. Although the music showed up in Artists and Songs after a couple of minutes.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't even get my local music to sync with my One M8. Between that and several crashes in 10536 I just opted out of the insider program. I'll wait until they straighten things out which I'm confident they will.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine just keeps crashing, I need my music.
Then go back to 8.1 if its that important to you. These preview builds are not reliable at all. Even the disclaimer says that it's not supposed to be used for your main phone as things won't work reliably

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Its a big pill to swallow, even for me at times. But the bottom line is, these are ALL test builds. This build gives us the option to test RADIO feature, something we did not get in the last build. There is another build to follow this one with still more testing.

Albeit not about Groove, we get the ability to test the dark feature in Outlook. That's new too. It also removed the link from Outlook to Calendar in the process. I don't like that and I expect it's just this build that the link is broken. I hope.
But I think it was said by colink, if these are too much to live with, roll back to 8.1. I don't think you will OP but its where we are so far.

Ahmed Blair

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if your phone has an SD Card but, if it does, pull it while the app is open. Then kill the app, reinsert the card, restart the app. This method, while far from a viable solution, worked for me. They need to just add a manual sync option in the settings menu or pull to refresh...something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo