Office 2016 - Is autocorrect back in MS Word?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well the title just says it:
in office 2013 the autocorrect disappeared (i.e. when actually carrying out the spell check you could no longer click 'autocorrect'.
This is the reason I'll stick to Office 2010 alap.
Is this feature back in Office 2016?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, noone bothers to reply but here's another question. I stumbled upon this add-in downloaded it and followed the instructions on the site but no autocorrect functions show up.
Can someone help me properly installing this?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I came here looking for an answer to this as well. I feel like the Windows Phone keyboard already does a great job of auto correcting everything all the time- I wish they would just bring that predictive text engine to Office and Skype on the desktop. If I type "tday" in an email just go ahead and replace it with "today"; don't make me click on it then choose "today".

Kylie141

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
On the Microsoft suggestion site, there is a request for restoring AutoCorrect to the right click menu. An admin said it would be restored in 2016. There has been no answer to the myriad of complaints since then. I would like to train Word the same way as I train Android.

This is no small matter. It takes a ton of time to set up AutoCorrect with the 6 clicks that requires. It is a huge interruption in my thought process as I write.

Does anyone have a workaround?

Edit: I do! Here is how to create a QuickAccess toolbar button or a keyboard shortcut to the AutoCorrect Dialog box:

http://wordribbon.tips.net/T001584_Shortcut_for_AutoCorrect_Dialog_Box.html

Last edited:

jimmythebike

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
There are several workarounds (search "right click autocorrect Word 2016") which add right click access to the auto correct screen -- a great improvement. Unfortunately, none of them give the dropdown menu of suggested changes to add to the autocorrect dictionary we took for granted in prior versions of Word. Instead you have to copy/paste the misspelling and the correction into the autocorrect screen. A hassle still, but less of one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss