A little background...
    I am not a social network person.
    I never got into MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, etc...
    The only reason I have a Facebook (and Twitter) account is for app development purposes (their API didn't require an account, but now it does).
    I spent months with a bunch of friend requests and people messaging me, but I never did anything about it (again, just not interested).
    One day, my account was hacked (I guess) and all these friend requests were accepted and many friend requests were sent.
    At that point, I conceded and accepted that Facebook was useful as a source of contact information.
    I still don't socially network, but I do open the app occasionally.

Now, for the rubs...
    I get notifications that says "so-and-so updated their status".
    I tap the notification, but it doesn't take me to where I can see the updated status.

I just got a notification that said I had 3 new notifications.
    I tapped that notification and it took me to the notifications section of the app.
    The newest notification was 9/22 (a week ago).

It forces me to launch to the page that shows all the information that I don't want to see (everyone's random posts).
    That's the reason I don't socially network.
    I don't care about how great your nap was or that you're getting ready to take a shower.
    Why can't I pin app pages to the Start Screen, so I can launch to wherever I want?

Why can I unfollow people on the website, but not in the app?
    Why do posts, from people I unfollowed on the website, still show up in the app?

Why doesn't the app have a feedback mechanism?

Obviously, voicing these grievances here won't have any affect on the app.
    Obviously, there's nothing you guys can do about it.
    But, sometimes, it's nice to rant.
    Hehehe...
    JJ
    Ryo Saeba likes this.
    09-29-2015 03:53 PM
    I'm glad you got that out of your system :p have you tried the beta facebook app? or any other 3rd party fb app? give them a shot and check if they improve your situation.

Personally I stick to the browser and you can pin pages from it to the startscreen :)
    09-29-2015 06:04 PM
    Nobody likes it
    09-29-2015 07:04 PM
    have you tried the beta facebook app? or any other 3rd party fb app? give them a shot and check if they improve your situation.
    I didn't see the beta in the store.
    It's that an invite thing?
    Can you recommend a third party option?
    JJ
    09-29-2015 08:37 PM
    I didn't see the beta in the store.
    It's that an invite thing?
    Can you recommend a third party option?
    JJ

U have to have the link to download it

Facebook Beta http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=hL_U-vkp
    ven07 and Joshua Jackson like this.
    09-30-2015 07:00 PM
    I didn't realize that the Facebook app had a User Voice site.
    General: Hot (23007 ideas) ? Facebook for Windows Phone Feedback
    JJ
    ven07 likes this.
    10-06-2015 02:27 PM
    I had similar complaints, then found this thread and loaded the Beta version onto my 640.
    the issues I had before ("we are unable to load data"; can't update profile pics/load photos, timeline posts not being current still exist in the Beta version.)

This is frustrating, not because I've invested into the app, but rather that my iOS products as well as my Android products were mainly flawless and when they weren't, a fix was issued within one to two days.

I'll be abandoning the WP platform soon if this (and numerous other non-FB app issues aren't resolved.
    I really like this lumia 640 dual sim for what it can do successfully, but the lack of support regarding the co-developed apps is abyssal to say the least.
    10-07-2015 07:33 AM
    I had similar complaints, then found this thread and loaded the Beta version onto my 640.
    the issues I had before ("we are unable to load data"; can't update profile pics/load photos, timeline posts not being current still exist in the Beta version.)

This is frustrating, not because I've invested into the app, but rather that my iOS products as well as my Android products were mainly flawless and when they weren't, a fix was issued within one to two days.

I'll be abandoning the WP platform soon if this (and numerous other non-FB app issues aren't resolved.
    I really like this lumia 640 dual sim for what it can do successfully, but the lack of support regarding the co-developed apps is abyssal to say the least.
    But now that we know that we will be getting universal apps for FB and messenger, will you be sticking around?
    bijak_riyandi likes this.
    10-08-2015 08:41 PM
    Tomorrow it will be to late! Anyway, is there a timeframe? :-(
    10-10-2015 04:21 AM