Resume after sleep...

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
On the latest Windows 10 Mobile Groove Music, playing from OneDrive on the cloud, whenever I pause a song in the middle, then the phone goes to sleep for some time, when I go back into Groove it forgets its place in the song and starts it over again.

With XBox Music under Windows Phone 8.1, when I turned off my car, the song paused - then later when I got back into the car, the song would play were it left off. With W10M, Groove always starts the song over from the beginning.

Is this normal?

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I have the same problem (Groove 3.6.1362.0 on build 10572).
I'll add that this problem also occurs when I unplug my headphones while playing a song (with the phone locked).

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I started with the current build this week, and I have not experienced this issue. Even better than Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8.1, Groove can remember where I left off after power cycling.

The drawback is that this place marker isn't quickly accessed by the phone. When resuming the Groove app after another music or video app has played content, it usually takes about 10 seconds before the play controls appear at the bottom of the screen to allow me to resume where I left off. I have the app set to play only my offline content stored on my SD card. I tested this ability in airplane mode, so the data for the place marker is stored locally on the phone, but the phone just seems to be slow to retrieve the information. Ideally, the play controls would appear as soon as the app opens. Is anyone else having this issue with build 10586.29?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786