Excel forces me to use an Iphone for work!

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
As a Windows Phone guy I wasn't pleased when I was given an Iphone as a company phone. I gave the phone a test but after a couple of weeks I swapped the sim into my 925. My problem now is Excel. On the Iphone I had no problem opening excel files to view, there was no editing functionality but I only needed to view on the go so no issues. Unfortunately on the 925 running 8.1 and 930 running 10 the same excel files wont open, with the standard message "this version of Microsoft excel cant open workbooks with" stating numerous reasons, for example "Range protection". Now i'm forced to use the Iphone for work!

Does anyone know a workaround?

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
@Dusan: Office is far better on WM10 than on Ios and Android...

There seems to be problems in the excel-files that the Iphone can't spot. Have you tried running them on full Excel on the computer or on Excel online?
Can you share them with anyone, me for example, so I can see what goes wrong?

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
try to open the file in office online from your onedrive..it will convert it and then save . then open it from onedrive.

Last edited:

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
When I try to open on Windows phone I get "This version of Microsoft Excel cant open workbooks with: Range protection.

Uploaded to One Drive, I tried opening on line but I got "The file can’t be edited using Office Online"

On PC Office 2007 and Office 2016 the file opens with no issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo