Questions on Office 365 Home and Mobile

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
In our home, my wife and I each have a Windows Lumia (with Mobile office apps), Windows tablets, and 1 Windows Destkop. My Dell Venue 8 came with a license for Office 2013, which I've been using until last week. I just needed the extra space on the measly 32Gb drive. So now I have Mobile office apps on the 2 phones and the 2 tablets.

I'm thinking about upgrading my tablet to a Surface Pro 2 or a Surface 3, either one with 128Gb of storage. However, looking at the MS Office site (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e....com%2Fen-us%2Fmobile%2Foffice&token=TQAuADw_) I see that the Mobile apps are free only on devices 10.1" and smaller. Am I correct then that the Mobile apps could not be installed for free on either the Surface Pro 2 or Surface 3?

If they are not available for free for those devices, could I still install the Mobile versions for a cost? The mobile versions take up much less storage space.

Would it be worth it to get the 365 Home edition?

Ecm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Would it be worth it to get the 365 Home edition?

I'll speak to this, specifically.

IMHO, yes! I subscribed in March 2015 and will definitely be renewing. Having the latest Office software on Win10 laptops, desktops and Mac's has been great. The 1 TB of OneDrive is a big deal for my wife, the "kids" and I. It syncs reliably to all the mobile devices well as our laptops and desktops. My wife also uses all the included Skype minutes.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree- we're using it exactly the way you want to: two Lumias, one Windows 10 PC, and a Surface.

I really only use Word and OneNote, and Excel occasionally for a check register and vehicle maintenance log I created and share among devices.

I got free Office 365 Personal one-year subscriptions with our Lumia 640s and it's convinced me to renew to a full 365 subscription when they expire. I don't like paying $100 a year, but when you consider we got Windows 10 free their gimmick worked.

I'm pretty much only using the Word, OneNote, and Excel mobile apps on my Surface Pro 4 instead of the full desktop programs. Except for a minor bug (having to open Word docx's once in a different location the first time for the mobile app), it all works very well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire