Extremely slow adding music

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a large music library up on a Windows server that I've added as a location for Groove. When it starts adding music, it does so extremely slowly, approximately 10 songs every 10 seconds. Given I have tens of thousands of songs, it's going to days to add my music. Also, when it copies it, it shows up initially as "Unknown Album".

It doesn't seem to be a problem with my server. Copying music from my server to my local hard drive goes at around 40 MB/s. Finally, if I run Windows Media Player, it adds the music lightning fast (not sure how fast, exactly, but many multiples over Groove.

Finally, when I try to actually play a song, Groove is very fast to play the music.

I have been trying to fix this problem over the last few weeks to no avail. What's odd is that there has been two times where it added the music very quickly, just like Media Player, and by the time it was done, I definitely had all the album info (not sure if it was finding it along the way, because I wasn't as observant as I should have been). Unfortunately, I screwed it up both times (the first I deleted my database trying to fix another problem, the second time I signed out of Groove, which suddenly removed all of my music other than my OneDrive music). Since then, I have not been able to get Groove at a reasonable rate no matter what I try.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'd just punt back to MediaMonkey or WMP, except I have Sonos, which integrates with Groove, so I'd really like to get this working.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99