Hi There!

I recently installed the first big windows 10 update, but that didn't went too well for my windows apps..
    NONE of the apps currently works or even loads ( even the store) , i click the icon and nothing happens.
    ALL the app icons are gone, and all the names are something like @{Microsoft.Appnamehere...

I know there are some fixes for powershell, but i keep getting merge errors and nothing happens.
    I also tried manually uninstalling some apps with powershell, but also get errors.

Does anyone have some more tips? I know resetting or refreshing my windows would be an option, but this is a production pc with TONS of software and tweaks, so that would take a loooong time..

Hope someone can help me!
    Leech500 likes this.
    11-20-2015 08:44 AM
    Have you tried creating a new user and checking if the same issue occurs?

Please join and let us know if the issue persists with a new user as at first glance it sounds like a data migration issue.
    aximtreo and Leech500 like this.
    11-20-2015 10:02 AM
    Hi,

I have had the same problem.
    Creating a new user doesn't fix the problem and when I log in as the new user the corrupted apps don't appear at all in the start menu.

Can anyone please help?
    01-23-2016 05:00 AM
    Hi,

I have had the same problem.
    Creating a new user doesn't fix the problem and when I log in as the new user the corrupted apps don't appear at all in the start menu.

Can anyone please help?
    I see, run command line (admin) so it runs with admin rights and type in:

net user administrator /active:yes

[NOTE]To disabled type in: net user administrator /active:no [/NOTE]

Then log off and log on to the now enabled hidden admin user, check if the issue persists.
    01-23-2016 05:50 AM