Groove Music doesn't have single track repeat option?!!

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I usually don't listen to a single song on loop but I liked one song so much that I wished to play it only in a continuous loop. But guess what, in Groove music on Windows 10 desktop, you only have the option to repeat an entire playlist or album or queue but not a single song as in with Xbox music in Windows phone 8.1 WTH?!! That is one of the most basic features any music player should have.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Have you attempted to click the repeat button a second time? I haven't used the desktop version of Groove Music, but the mobile version does have this feature. The first tap of the repeat button behaves as you said, repeating the entire current playlist/album/queue. The second tap of the repeat button changes the icon with a "1" indicating that it will repeat only the current song (see the attached image with the repeat toggle next to the play controls at the bottom). A third tap will turn off the repeat function.

wp_ss_20151211_0001.jpg

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The desktop version does not show the 1 when tapped twice; but, when you play (press the play icon of) a single track, tapping repeat (once) will play it repeatedly. If you are playing another unit, like an album, the desktop version does not allow you to specify a track for repeat. The play and repeat-track (only) option are available whether the track resides independently or is part of an album.

The more I learn it, the more I'm loving Groove --on both platforms.

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The desktop version does not show the 1 when tapped twice; but, when you play (press the play icon of) a single track, tapping repeat (once) will play it repeatedly. If you are playing another unit, like an album, the desktop version does not allow you to specify a track for repeat. The play and repeat-track (only) option are available whether the track resides independently or is part of an album.

The more I learn it, the more I'm loving Groove --on both platforms.
Then that is not a substitute of single repeat my friend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes