Great Amazon headphone offer --Today, or for now...

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the open-ended Sennheiser 598s in the original tan and like them very much, as much as my two closed-ended Sony 7506s. This year Sennheiser issued a special edition in black and I just ordered one on their deal-of-the-day price of $95. The original is at the regular Amazon price. You may want to check it out: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3313587 (The cable below (requirement, for me) has added to the actual prices I've paid for these headphones.)

Note that while an excellent buy at today's price, the 598s -like the 558s, which my brother has- sound great; but, they are not foldable, and thus not as portable as my 7506s.

One thing I don't like about these and at least some other Senn phones (558s for sure) is that they come standard with larger (6.35mm) plugs that require attaching an included 3.5mm adapter for use in most or all portable devices. For me, the large standard plug, and large adapter make the attachment/set-up unwieldy for portable use. Moreover, for portable use, I also prefer a shorter cord. Fortunately, the Senn cables are replaceable -a good part of the design, and I found this one last year: Amazon.com: 1.2m NEW Replacement Audio upgrade Cable For Sennheiser HD598 HD558 HD518 Headphones: Electronics This has the opposite feature: standard 3.5mm, with a larger adapter.

Enjoy the music...

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Didn't know how to, or whether I could, edit the title.
Well, FWIW, I got around to opening my SE model, and found that it came with its own 1.2m, 3.5mm replacement cable. In black, also, which probably looks better with the black SE. The quality is not as good as my/the other replacement cable, which I also ordered, but the quality is the same as the standard, 3m cable, and there's no longer a need to spend more on an accessory. It also still comes with the 3.5mm adapter for the 3m cable. Wonder if all HD598s are now shipping like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium