Will 6tag ever be updated again?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
The 6tag live tile has never worked on the Windows 10 TP, but I suspected it would be among the first apps to be updated for Windows 10.

With Rudy accepting that new job, it seems like even the savior developer has abandoned Windows.

What do you guys think, will 6tag actually get updated?

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Well he still updates his other apps so I see no reason why he wouldn't do the same for 6tag. We also got an update not too long ago

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Isn't 6tag going to be obsolete in June anyway?

Instagram is cracking down on third-party apps

The move could have a more significant impact on Windows users, as Instagram's official Windows Phone app, still labeled as a beta, lacks many of the features of its iPhone and Android counterparts. Thus, certain third-party Instagram apps for Windows are actually better than the official version ? something not unique to Instagram, as many companies don't devote the same resources to developing for Windows as they do to other platforms.

I haven't seen any mentions of this rather huge news for WP here on the site. Maybe Instagram will have a good official app by then.

regi7

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
6tin is being updated as a universal app after Christmas. And 6tag will be updated after that. That's according to Rudy's twitter page.

cory1717

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I been saying this forever now but when is Rudy going to integrate 6tag with the people hub. Imagine seeing your feed and being able to play videos straight from the hub !!!😇

labsii

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
It is just a tale of how complex it is to move app to Windows 10. And also a good example on why Islandwood is not an easy cure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss