Groove Music app on Windows 10 Mobile - Pretty Slick!

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Lumia 950 (replacing it with the XL soon) and I haven't used Groove music on mobile since it was called Xbox Music. Previously I was using Groove Music for Android. While many of the Windows 10 Mobile app counterparts actually run better and have better features on Android or iOS, Groove Music (and a few other select apps) is the opposite. The app on Android is clunky and unreliable, but on W10M It has great functionality and looks very slick and runs very well too. It may be missing a few key features (like curated playlists and volume leveling for playlists and albums) but on the whole I am thoroughly impressed. Now if only the rest of the apps were like this!!

What do you guys think?

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been a music pass subscriber for years and it's a great deal, when the device will actually play the music. So often it will not, restoring my device to the same phone adds the device to my music devices list again, making it think I have another device. It's a new. Yes Groove is much better, and improving. I totally agree, but they have got to wow us with better experience. If I could have one thing in Groove, besides stability, it would be the ability to feel it my mood and play music that may fit it. Genres not good for that and I'm not a music expert where I'd know lots of artists.

Koen C

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Groove Music could use some updates. It works quite well but what I miss most compared to Spotify :
- When I play an album, I want to see the album art, not a horrible or outdated picture of the artist.
- Shared playlists
- Synchronizing between devices and OneDrive should go much faster

Thanks to Tag Editor Plus I can now ad info and album art when these are missing but you should be able to do this on your desktop app of Groove Music.

People @ Microsoft don't seem to know that 50% of Belgium speaks Dutch : I get a lot of French texts and French artists-suggestions in my Groove Music app while @ Spotify I get everything in my native language (Dutch). That seems to be a problem with other Microsoft-apps, I even get my mails in French while my account states that I speak Dutch.

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Got rid of Groove for one reason, lack of artists. The app works really great but they don't have the artist database Spotify,Google play music, or Apple Music has.that was a big deal breaker for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786