New music missing.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I added some new purchased music from iTunes to my device using the Windows phone desktop app but they aren't showing up in Groove app. I checked file explorer and they are indeed there and I can even play them from the file explorer app. Is there a way to refresh the indexing of the SD card or do I simply have to wait? FWIW the new files are part of 2,000+ track playlists.

John Hardy IV

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, you are not alone, this is definitely a real problem that folks are seeing. I've been visiting other threads (search 'Groove SD Card') and adding my two cents, maybe someone from MSFT will see them as this forum does have some visibility. I have this problem w/ the 950XL and the latest Groove using an 128GB SD card. After initial interrogation Groove found my 33K songs, but now will not add new songs in the UI that I have placed on the SD card and internal storage using file manager and via sync from autoplaylists on WMP. It's very annoying. There is no way to kick off a new search for new content that I can find.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I may have found a workaround for missing music. I should note that this helped me when adding new music from iTunes using the windows phone desktop app. After all your new music has been added via windows phone desktop app, unplug your device, then delete ALL playlists, then plug back in to your pc and re-sync. Depending on how big your playlists were, it will take about 5 minutes to refresh and discover all your new music in Groove. You must have background enabled for groove, keep the app open, and make sure your phone is plugged in to an outlet or at least be above 20% (this is for battery saver). It seems there is a problem that causes the groove app to hang if your new music is part of a playlist. It worked for me at least with iTunes. Hope they get this sorted soon. It's kind of a way to force a refresh of new content. Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos