Groove Music big update

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the latest update to Groove... Which is certainly welcome... The feature update list indicate the ability to "shuffle"/"Re-Order" songs in a playlist... Does anyone know how to do this? I long pressed on the playlist in "Playlists" but no joy. I also tried long pressing one of the songs in the list... nothing..

Anyone figure this out?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It appears be restricted to actual playlists. I couldn't get it to work when playing an artist or album. But it worked when I played a previously created playlist.
And you need to do it in the playlist directly. Not in "now playing".

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok... thanks.. but I am clearly in a playlist .. as in my post as being in "Playlists" What do I long press on ? the playlist name? that doesn't work.. '

Like this... Hamburger > Playlists>Long press on playlist > Context menu is Play, Add To,Delete,Rename,Unpin from Start for a playlist that is streaming it include Download in the menu.

There is no ... re-order.

If I go into the playlist itself I see nothing that indicates a re-order option. In the playlist under the three dots I get Delete,Rename,Unpin from Start

No re-order here that I can see.. I have created a test play list and tried only streamed music, only downloaded music etc.. No joy.

If I go into "Songs" from the hamburger menu.. I see a shuffle all but that was there before I believe.

Last edited:

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh.. ok.. I thought it was like a shuffle for the entire playlist... doubt I will ever move "one" song ... playlists are relatively large so.. You can hit the "shuffle" in the play controls.. unfortunately in the past it has not worked well.. or.. at least does not shuffle the entire playlist.. you get the same songs each time to play and shuffle.. would be nice to simply re-order ALL songs in the playlist..

I guess it's ok.. to move one song.. not a big feature for me. Thanks for the help !

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not using real playlists.. I mostly play an artist or even my entire collection. Shuffling works perfectly fine though (unlike in the horrible music app we used to have with WP8 and WP8.1). Everytime I start playing my collection using shuffle, it's different from the last time I used to. In terms of playing order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs