Groove Music problem, with 10586.29 mobile

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Groove Music jump to the next song often from a middle of a song, with Windows 10 mobile (10586.29). Reinstalling is not possible, so any solution for that ?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually while we're on the topic of groove, I see that this month it used up 149 MB of cell data. I wonder what that's about. I suspect that when I ask Cortana to shuffle my music, Groove plays both local and OneDrive music, but I'll have to check. Whatever the reason, that's a lot of data for a music app that's set to show only local files. And no toggle for not streaming as far as I can tell.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I show 12.81mb of cell, and 599mb of wi-fi. OFWIW, I play music from a half-full 128gb card, and don't count on the cloud, nor Cortana for playing music. You must be using a lot more battery life as well.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I show 12.81mb of cell, and 599mb of wi-fi. OFWIW, I play music from a half-full 128gb card, and don't count on the cloud, nor Cortana for playing music. You must be using a lot more battery life as well.
I wonder if it's all album art and song info related. I have over 3000 songs on my SD card and over 6000 on OneDrive (holy cr@p, when did this happen..). If it's pulling album art and song info for all of these, I could see it costing some data. I have since turned off 'download metadata', but ideally I'd like an option to only do that over Wifi, rather then completely turning it off.

Good point about the battery life too, maybe that explains some of the overheating and battery trouble my 950XL was having.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
IMO, When offline music only is selected Groove should not need to connect and grab song data or images. That should be performed when music is first added and it appears the sync of music is complete. It uses my data too when playing offline music and the album info toggle is turned off. What's the point of offline? Add a toggle for almost but not quite offline.

Last edited:

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Groove is a joke. I have all my music on my sd card.... It won't play any of them unless streaming data is enabled.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm with 920walker -I believe- that data usage can and should not be an issue for playing music that is stored on your phone or SD card, including his or her reference to images. I have >50gb of music on my 128gb card, two-thirds of which is downloaded Zune/Xbox/Groove Pass or subscription music. I can turn off cellular and Wi-Fi, and ALL my music will still play as normally -including images, and continuously as with the wireless connections on. So, even subscription music does not require any online connection. That is the beauty and logic of the Groove subscription: music is downloaded, stays, and plays continuously until you delete it. And, all your phone-stored music will keep playing anywhere you go as it would on a dedicated music player, even without any wireless connections.

Rid08..., I don't know anything about Android, but Groove does not require streaming anything to play card- or device-stored music. I can testify to this running Groove on my 950, and on my upgraded-to-Win10 Surface Pro 2. (BTW, this was also the case with my Lumia 1020 running Windows 8.1.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb