looking for a walking app that has a map function

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I guys I am looking for an app that can track on a map how far I walked my dog. I would like to also to paste the map on to FB to share with people from the local animal shelter where we volunteer to walk dogs on the weekend. Thanks for any help.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Any app that can track your location in the background should work, especially if your phone has SensorCore. I prefer using NaviComputer - it's free and you can backup/upload your map track to your OneDrive account so you can view or share it later. You can even export the track data and view it animated in Google Earth. It works even if your phone doesn't have SensorCore... as long as it is allowed to run in the background.

Note, though, that apps like this (with high-resolution and high-interval location tracking) will make your phone consume more power. Make sure that your phone is fully-charged before walking your dog. If you intend to walk your dog for more than two hours, you may need to bring a power bank with you.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I tried it out I walked 3.342 km in 47min at an average 4.19 km per hour i also ascended and descended 90m I have uploaded t to the cloud but can?t find it in my my onedrive. Also is there a way to add geotagged photos to the map?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried it out I walked 3.342 km in 47min at an average 4.19 km per hour i also ascended and descended 90m I have uploaded t to the cloud but can?t find it in my my onedrive. Also is there a way to add geotagged photos to the map?

Just to verify: Within the app settings, swipe over "Files" then tap the circular cyclic arrow, then swipe to "OneDrive". In the page that shows up, you can specify the folder in which the map tracks (.gpx format) will be saved. Once that's done, you should see those files in your OneDrive folder.

For geotagged photos, the default camera usually automatically geotags the photos you take, but in order to view them you would need something similar to Lumia StoryTeller.

There may be a way to combine the geotagged photos and the map track, but I haven't found it yet.

TommyDeca

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I guys I am looking for an app that can track on a map how far I walked my dog. I would like to also to paste the map on to FB to share with people from the local animal shelter where we volunteer to walk dogs on the weekend. Thanks for any help.

Hi there, have you tried Endomondo? You will get maps, distance and all the things you need, and also be able to publish it to Facebook.I know it is meant to be used for training etc but perhaps it will cover the things you need as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention