A quick heads up, fellow Windows Mobile users.

You might stumble across this little gem in the store...MSQRD Pocket, by Tinkiwinki's apps.

The developer is advertising his app as the highly popular MSQRD photo app on iOS. He even says in the description: "MSQRD Pocket is now available on Windows 10! Don't wait to download it!"

After helping my 10 year old daughter download it on her Lumia 550 (1.49 later) I can assure you this is NOT the popular photoshop app.

So, after many tears and a daughter who now wants an iPhone more than anything else on earth all I can say is this: Thanks for nothing Tinkiwinki's apps, you jerk.

As for Microsoft, I get that you're crazy keen to fill your store up with as many apps as possible, but frankly without some serious quality control all your going to end up with is developers like Tinkiwinki, who drive your customers away.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 02-12-2016 at 11:22 PM. Reason: language
    02-12-2016 04:03 PM
    A quick heads up, fellow Windows Mobile users.

You might stumble across this little gem in the store...MSQRD Pocket, by Tinkiwinki's apps.

The developer is advertising his app as the highly popular MSQRD photo app on iOS. He even says in the description: "MSQRD Pocket is now available on Windows 10! Don't wait to download it!"

After helping my 10 year old daughter download it on her Lumia 550 (1.49 later) I can assure you this is NOT the popular photoshop app.

So, after many tears and a daughter who now wants an iPhone more than anything else on earth all I can say is this: Thanks for nothing Tinkiwinki's apps, you jerk.

As for Microsoft, I get that you're crazy keen to fill your store up with as many apps as possible, but frankly without some serious quality control all your going to end up with is developers like Tinkiwinki, who drive your customers away.
    Leave a review in the store for the app about it.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 02-12-2016 at 11:23 PM. Reason: language
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-12-2016 11:08 PM
    Leave a review in the store for the app about it.
    Better yet, leave a poor review AND report it.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    02-13-2016 10:09 AM
    Better yet, leave a poor review AND report it.
    Done that, but there's nothing wrong with naming and shaming rip off artists....and alerting the community
    02-16-2016 09:46 AM
    Very True... I have reported several items in the store I find on threads here. The store needs a lot of help getting legit at this point.

*sigh*
    Jcmg62 likes this.
    02-16-2016 10:12 AM
    Very True... I have reported several items in the store I find on threads here. The store needs a lot of help getting legit at this point.

*sigh*
    With Islandwood and/or Astoria it's either going to get a lot better.........or a whole lot worse. I seem to recall a lot of totally rubbish apps in the Apple Store, although they've probably done a lot of work on Quality Control over the years
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-16-2016 10:48 AM