Interested in another youtube app?

wisienka

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Google wouldn't approve xD i believe they're tryin to take down your post already

They do not approve many things :p

There was an option to start ms developer account using DreamSpark - but they have removed (I should have done that when I saw) so the publishing of the app will be delayed. First I want to finish so the basic funcionality works then I'll start publishing.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi there!

I am developer that begins adventure with Windows 10 store apps - and to learn I have started to write YouTube client for Windows 10 mobile. Project started to be written for myself. I know that there are few good aps - but they are limmited in their free version (mostly annoying commercials), and their desing didn't match my expectations (I belive android app has room to improve).

So I decided to write my own app and so far I have these functionalities:
- home screen
- search videos/profiles/playlists
- watch videos (still finishing watching playlist - still not fully decided how to place element and whether use tabs or just scrollview)
- login to google account (I have sub-project working just need to copy)

Features that I'll start adding soon
- all profile activities (like/comment/subscribe etc.)
- upload videos

What I want to add later:
- background sound (locked screent/minimized app)
- connecting to eg. android tv (I forgot the name of function)
- live tile (no idea how to use them yet - show newest videos from subscriptions ?)
- notifications

Let me know if you would be interesed in this app (so I know if it's worth finishing) or what would you like to change/add. You feedback is much appreciated. Later I would like to write google drive app with similar UX.

View attachment 122303 View attachment 122304
View attachment 122305 View attachment 122306

PS: Forgot to remove My Channel - it has been moved to the bottom of navigation panel (entire panel is still subject to change).
That my friend looks very good.. I would like to see 'add link to clipboard' feature. Btw why not make a twitter app too.. If ur interested then pm me.. Ive designed the UI already and looking for a dev

wisienka

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
That my friend looks very good.. I would like to see 'add link to clipboard' feature. Btw why not make a twitter app too.. If ur interested then pm me.. Ive designed the UI already and looking for a dev

Thanks! Copy to clipboard is a neat and simple feature so I'll add it to list. As far as I know twitter has preety open REST api for gathering data - so making an app should not be big problem. Right now I am focusing on finishing all basic data for this app (fixed login issue - now I have to add behaviour for lack of internet or other exceptions). I also started adding animations eg. collapsable popular youtube videos section on home page - so I began using blend (never used this tool but straight forward and with good effects).

I am uploading some images of first run wizard - I hope you'll post main theme colors (in hex), which you'd like to see. Other than that I have steps for:
-main color
-default video quality
-account login
If there is something missing let me know!

wp_ss_20160229_0001.jpg wp_ss_20160229_0002.jpg

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Copy to clipboard is a neat and simple feature so I'll add it to list. As far as I know twitter has preety open REST api for gathering data - so making an app should not be big problem. Right now I am focusing on finishing all basic data for this app (fixed login issue - now I have to add behaviour for lack of internet or other exceptions). I also started adding animations eg. collapsable popular youtube videos section on home page - so I began using blend (never used this tool but straight forward and with good effects).

I am uploading some images of first run wizard - I hope you'll post main theme colors (in hex), which you'd like to see. Other than that I have steps for:
-main color
-default video quality
-account login
If there is something missing let me know!

View attachment 123063 View attachment 123064

Add phone's accent colour theme option

wisienka

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I had to rewrite entire login logic - I messed up with threads/tasks and it was easier to remove and write it from scratch. Now it works like a charm (been testing for just 3 days thou).

I had also changed circular shapes to more square one's. I think it looks better. In home screen you can hide popular videos so you have more space for subscribed channels. There are also some other animations. I have also finished working on setup. Only missing feature is option to change data later in settings window. There are 3 main steps :
- theme color selection (you can choose phones current color)
- default video quality

I began working on video player - I have placed buttons. Sound managment needs some work and fullscreen not working yet. Also like/dislike buttons do not work. I have also not started working on playlist player - but got some ideas and mockups.

wp_ss_20160305_0005.jpg wp_ss_20160305_0006.jpg
wp_ss_20160304_0001.jpg wp_ss_20160305_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20160305_0004.jpg

PS: next time i'll set my phones lang. to english :p

dk_banaah

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes please!! Tubecast is the most full-featured Windows 10 YouTube app right now but my word is it difficult to navigate. After about 3 months of use, I still don't know what I'm doing most of the time when I use that app. That's how poorly laid out it is. Nothing is intuitive about it.

From what I've seen, your app is exactly what I'm hoping for so I would most certainly download it and even purchase an ad free version.

wisienka

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Hay guys thanks for feedback - it gives me motivation :) I am currently stuck with working on custom media player - designing buttons mostly finished, fullscreen does not work and if I force fullscreen the buttons are not displayed ... probably extention library that I use has some issues (I have described them) so I'll go back to implementing other features (playlist player, reccomendations view).

Unfortunetly I have to work on my masters degree so beta testing will be delayed (T.B.A.). When relasing beta I'll as for help with translations ... but that will happen when announcing beta.

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I love the idea! Not that I'm using Youtube much (battery dran is a big issue on my Lumia 535) butstill I'll give this a try. Currently I have Tube Pro installed and seems pretty cool (again, haven't used it much).

Will you add languages? I could help with Spanish. Just let me know if you are interested

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786