Groove quick controls glitchy as hell?

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So when I press the volume buttons and the quick controls for Groove appear on my Lumia 950 XL (windows 10), and I press the button for the next song, the whole thing goes crazy glitchy. The titel of the song is jumping from left to right and back or stats blinking like crazy. It still goes to the next or previous song, but still its strange.

Also weird:
- Even on my Band 2, the title of the song flashes a few times when selecting next or previous song.
- There's this symbol in front of the songs name as if it is streaming from One Drive. However, I am playing from my phone itself, even appears when disabled WiFi and Cell Networks.
- It does NOT happen when I select a song directly from the file explorer.
- Happens when I play music from both internal storage and SD

Rebooting phone did nothing. Anyone any clue whats happening?

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that Groove is a terrible app.

since the last update half of my library is now in the "unknown artists" and sometimes when i select a song (local to my device) it isnt able to play it.

I think that this issue that you're having will resolve itself once groove is updated more.

sorry, maybe someone else can be more help, groove has just been extremely frustrating lately.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Fiddled some more, but also when I use Spotify, the same glitches appear. The 'streaming' icon should be there of course with Spotify, but the song title is still glitching all over the place. Might be a windows 10 thingy?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You're not alone. I'm having the same problem with Groove. So far I haven't found a fix or an explanation as to why it happens.

Bigsro

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here! Bloody irritating - surely MS could fix this easily?

Also with the latest Win10 mobile update (.107) Groove just randomly stops playing songs. So according to Groove itself the song is playing but the time bar is still stuck at 0.00. 1 step forward with the last Groove specific update and now 2 steps back with the latest OS update!!!

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
The issue I've started having with Groove is that it just stops playing when I unlock my phone. I usually have it streaming music to my bluetooth speaker at work, and the lock screen kicks in after 10 minutes. If I unlock the phone and swipe up to get to the start screen the music stops. It usually doesn't start again until I bring the Groove app up from the background apps screen and go to Now Playing to press the play button. Same thing happens if I get a phone call or text message while listening to music, though it usually will start playing again on its own after about 20 seconds.

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I experience all of the above. I also have the problem that Groove suddenly forgets what's in now playing and just has the message - your music will show here. I think this and some of the others are related to signing in. I find that if my phone loses cell or tries to connect to a WiFi that I don't have the password for, any of the above can happen (and I only use local music, not streaming). Apart from the first one on the lockscreen/volume control panel, as that happens all the time!

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Groove randomly disconnects from Bluetooth while I'm driving. Some times it'll reconnect and be paused. Other times, I have to reboot the phone before it locks onto the device it's paired with. Before a reboot, it'll say in the notification center it's paired, but the actual radio says there's no Bluetooth device - and this never happened until I upgraded to Windows 10.

That pesky loud music warning pops up occasionally too. Totally unnecessary. There should be a disable option for that thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss