The best alternative maps apps for Windows 10 Mobile in a post HERE world

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the standard maps app, and I've used co-pilot before too. Losing Here maps isn't a huge blow, sad to see them leave, but not devastating.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mrmeyer

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
I miss Waze which I gave up when I upgraded to Win10M, primarily for the auto-routing based on traffic. Which of these apps is best at live alternative routes based on traffic?

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Example: search for "home depot". On HERE maps, I get a list of Home Depot stores, listed in order of proximity to my location. On Microsoft Maps, I get two irrelevant results (neither are Home Depot stores) in Oregon, and I'm nowhere near Oregon. MMaps does have my correct location, so that isn't the problem.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyone tried HERE map on ios and Sygic on w10? I hated the HERE on iOS but On WP8.1 was essential to me.

I really need something replaces the HERE on my Windoes. I don't want to miss it buy city lens is amazing.

I stopped using my car nav and i use HERE map / drive as my primary nav system. I also was looking to get a cheap tablet to replace my car nav forever with HERE.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I find the windows maps perfectly suitable. Shows you what side of the street an address is on and ends with the final destinations address. Didn't see that on HERE.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm confused.... I went to store and got updates for drive, maps and lens???? Have I missed an update somewhere?

Going to try sygic tomorrow on .164

llckll

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Waze is atrocious on WM10. Loved it on iOS and android.

I would like a navigation app that can reroute you around traffic in realtime. Am I asking for too much?

tomseys

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I like to use the Here drive app for the turn by turn voice navigation that Maps does not provide at all. Maps links into Here or your app choice for this functionality. I find Waze generally does not work properly on Windows phone (530, 635, 640) . It either does not start or has no voice nav (sound). Waze does not update for windows only for android and ios.

In any case it would be nice if Microsoft could make turn by turn voice nav part of Maps and also throw in multiple routes that one could choose from instead of only offering the best route. A and G do this. That would be pleasing the customers which I think would have serious return benefits.

Edit: Is the new Maps on windows 10 different? does it have turn by turn voice nav built in?

Last edited:

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Sygic since February 2015. I think it has better features than Here+ Drive. It has improved a lot ever since I bought it last year. I have tried other paid apps (trial of course) but I think Sygic is the best because it has voice guided navigation in my language. It also has HUD option, useful when you drive at night but it is a paid add-on. Another plus is Sygic is a universal app, and I have installed in on my Windows tablet (Thinkpad Tablet 8).

Anyone tried HERE map on ios and Sygic on w10? I hated the HERE on iOS but On WP8.1 was essential to me.

I really need something replaces the HERE on my Windoes. I don't want to miss it buy city lens is amazing.

I stopped using my car nav and i use HERE map / drive as my primary nav system. I also was looking to get a cheap tablet to replace my car nav forever with HERE.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Sygic since February 2015. I think it has better features than Here+ Drive. It has improved a lot ever since I bought it last year. I have tried other paid apps (trial of course) but I think Sygic is the best because it has voice guided navigation in my language. It also has HUD option, useful when you drive at night but it is a paid add-on. Another plus is Sygic is a universal app, and I have installed in on my Windows tablet (Thinkpad Tablet 8).

I downloaded it and it really better than HERE maps and very responsive with a lot of features but i need to pay for it. I guess it deserve the price.

Is it better as voice nav? I didn't try it yet.

Also how is the HUD thing? Good?

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
There is a trial version so you can try whether it worth the price. Sygic has had sales before with discount more than 60%. You just pay once and can enjoy map updates for a lifetime - at least that what they promise.

The navigation app is better with lane assist, and will announce exit you have to take. It also has traffic info but it is another paid option (and it is yearly).

The HUD thing is best use at night. You put your phone on your car dashboard and an arrow will be reflected on your car windshield. This arrow will guide whether you have to turn left, go straight etc.

I downloaded it and it really better than HERE maps and very responsive with a lot of features but i need to pay for it. I guess it deserve the price.

Is it better as voice nav? I didn't try it yet.

Also how is the HUD thing? Good?

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
GMaps Pro anybody?
I am using it since WP8, and it is good as Google Maps has accurate information for my Country and City. If only GMaps Pro supported Offline Maps...

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
There are updates for my Here Map and Here Drive. I wonder if this is a killer switch that will automatically render Here apps useless after 30 June?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo