Movies and TV apps, how can I get them to download via the cellular connection?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Movies and TV app

I rented a movie last night and it is waiting for WiFi to download. Any way to get the app to download via the cellular connection?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Movies and TV app

I rented a movie last night and it is waiting for WiFi to download. Any way to get the app to download via the cellular connection?

a movie is usually quite large, 1Gb or higher. You're sure about using cellular?

If this is for pc, what you could do is create a wifi hotspot using your cellular connection and use that.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, guess I should have clarified, I rented the movie on my phone. Looking thru the app itself, there isn't anyway to change the download setting. I have the Store setting to allow apps to download over cellular, but it doesn't follow thru to the Movies and TV app.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Sorry, guess I should have clarified, I rented the movie on my phone. Looking thru the app itself, there isn't anyway to change the download setting. I have the Store setting to allow apps to download over cellular, but it doesn't follow thru to the Movies and TV app.

I think there's a global limit of about 200MB set by MS. I haven't seen a setting to get around that :eck:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't even get the movie to download on my WiFi today. I'm now exploring the options to either use a public WiFi that may be faster than my home WiFi or contact MS and request a refund.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium