What is the meaning of this message? "For this you need to be online - To play it when you're offli

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
What is the meaning of this message? "For this you need to be online - To play it when you're offli

What (and Why) is this message all about???

"For this, you need to be online. To play it when you're offline, download it the next time you're connected"

So I am in a massive superstore, looking for a decent set of headphones -- I walk around, and I plugged in a set of headphones and tried to listen to one of my albums -- and nothing will play on Groove Music!!!!! Every track I play turns a nasty red colour and just will NOT play!!!

I call the store assistant, and she says "Oh -- you can't get the internet in the store -- you might find that you need to go out into the car-park before you get the internet again"...

So I say -- "No -- I'm not using the internet.. I'm just trying to play this stupid Groove Music app, it doesn't need the internet"

Anyway - Needless to say -- Groove Music came back once I went out into the carpark, and was OUT of the store. And I didn't get to buy the headphones!!!!! :unhappy:

So what's the deal with this???? I'm at my f###ing wits end with Groove Music!!! Why does it need to be connected to the internet to make it work?????

Its all my own music!!! I've not got a SINGLE album downloaded from the internet -- they are ALL my own private CD's transferred from my personal iPod -- to the Groove Music so where does the internet come into it?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: What is the meaning of this message? "For this you need to be online - To play it when you're o

What (and Why) is this message all about???

"For this, you need to be online. To play it when you're offline, download it the next time you're connected"

So I am in a massive superstore, looking for a decent set of headphones -- I walk around, and I plugged in a set of headphones and tried to listen to one of my albums -- and nothing will play on Groove Music!!!!! Every track I play turns a nasty red colour and just will NOT play!!!

I call the store assistant, and she says "Oh -- you can't get the internet in the store -- you might find that you need to go out into the car-park before you get the internet again"...

So I say -- "No -- I'm not using the internet.. I'm just trying to play this stupid Groove Music app, it doesn't need the internet"

Anyway - Needless to say -- Groove Music came back once I went out into the carpark, and was OUT of the store. And I didn't get to buy the headphones!!!!! :unhappy:

So what's the deal with this???? I'm at my f###ing wits end with Groove Music!!! Why does it need to be connected to the internet to make it work?????

Its all my own music!!! I've not got a SINGLE album downloaded from the internet -- they are ALL my own private CD's transferred from my personal iPod -- to the Groove Music so where does the internet come into it?

Could you kindly share which device you're using, which OS version you are on and whether you use a sd card or not?

david1alp

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: What is the meaning of this message? "For this you need to be online - To play it when you're o

The device I am using is a Microsoft Windows Lumia 535 phone.

The Operating System is Windows 10.

And, yes, I am using a Micro SD 64GB Card. All of My Music on the Groove Music App is stored on this Micro SD card.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

The device I am using is a Microsoft Windows Lumia 535 phone.

The Operating System is Windows 10.

And, yes, I am using a Micro SD 64GB Card. All of My Music on the Groove Music App is stored on this Micro SD card.

it might be that the card is starting to malfunction - remove the card and then put it back and see if groove can play the songs with internet off.

Alan C2

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site

It means Groove Music Sucks and you used to be able to put your music on your computer on your phone effortlessly with Zune until Microsoft broke it and made life difficult for every Windows Phone User because they had too much market share and wanted to drive more people to Android and Apple.

But seriously, Groove doesn't store anything on your phone's physical memory unless you specifically download each song WHILE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.

Groove only uses music that was purchased and downloaded or music in your OneDrive music app.
It virtually prohibits you from using your own music on your computer on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos