Incorrect Status Indicator

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
On my SP4, the status indicators of my peers are different than on my L830. Both are on 14393 and on the newest Skype Preview. See the attached pics. During I took the screenshots, user 1 was online and user2 was absent. L830 is correct, SP4 not.
SP4.PNG
L830.png
Anyone else? Tx for feedback

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Both units on 14393.3 since this morning. Currently still discrepany at the status indicators. The conversations are perfectly in sync, I do correspond alterbatively from SP4 and from L830. Will continue to observe.

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
At this moment, indications still differ. Example: one account on L830 "offline", same account on SP4 "away". Conversation fully synchronised. Waited 5 minutes after starting Skype Prevew before checking. I am using my Skype account that I have had for years, not the MSFT account login.

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
From observation I am pretty convinced that the status indications on SP4 are correct while the ones on L830 are incorrect. Possibly I could improve the situation with a full reset, but I don't want to do one now, only after the full availability of Redstone on Aug.2. The only thing I will try is a de-install and re-install of Skype Preview tomorrow.

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Chintan, now I am stuck. I deinstalled the APP through normal channels. Reinstall however does not work, because the store says: "This App is installed". The Insider Preview status of the L830 is still "Fast". It looks as of the deinstall process left some dead bodies in the phone. What is your suggestion?
I could try to go out of Insider Preview and try to install "normal" Skype. Or after getting out of Insider Preview, wait a moment, re-enter Insider Preview and try again installing "Skype Preview".

ADDITION: "Normal" Skype cannot be installed, as the Store defaults automatically to "Skype Preview". I have stopped Insider Preview, hoping the normal Skype would then be available again in the store.

Last edited:

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
About 4 hours after leaving Insider Preview, Skype Preview is suddenly available for download on L830. The installations was working OK, now I will observe for a a day or two how the status indicators are working compared to the SP4 installation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa