Why is Groove eating my mobile data?

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
So, I have some audiobooks on OneDrive. Made a playlist of some of them so I can share it between phone and PC. On the phone I downloaded a few which I'm planning to listen to and on the list they show as available offline and seeing them in the music cache folder.
But the Groove is still using my data when I'm playing them? It ate 250 MB in short time! WTF?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So, I have some audiobooks on OneDrive. Made a playlist of some of them so I can share it between phone and PC. On the phone I downloaded a few which I'm planning to listen to and on the list they show as available offline and seeing them in the music cache folder.
But the Groove is still using my data when I'm playing them? It ate 250 MB in short time! WTF?

it could be syncing the other files that you hadn't downloaded - maybe you can disable data when you don't intend to use it

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
If I can choose files to download, what would sync then?
Disable data? C'mon man...Better would be not to use groove.

try playing them with data off and see what happens - on a serious note. If they can still play with data off, then something is wrong with groove
If they refuse to play, it means they haven't downloaded yet

I've just updated my phone to AU and in groove app I don't see any settings for playing offline or online content

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
If they are marked as downloaded and I see them in the music cache folder and even I can play them with other players so they are definitevely downloaded.
It plays normally off the network. It looks like it ignores that you already downloaded a track, always trying to stream. Tracks originally are on my OneDrive. It does the same on house broadband. Something's fishy with the Groove

kaoh_v

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I am afraid your conclusion is correct. I also downloaded using groove lots of my albums. set the all tracks with filter available offline and played the songs through my car stereo and I received a data bundle warning from my provider. it seems it only uses the offline files if there is no connections at all.
groove is missing this option :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss