Resuming music (mobile)

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I often use my Windows 10 phone as the music player in my car, and I use Groove as I haven't felt the need to download any third party music apps.. I've noticed the last week that when I get in my car and try to resume music from the Groove app, it doesn't resume from where I left off. Instead, it begins to play a song that I had recently listened to, and when I check the current playlist, I find that the app has skipped back about 2 or 3 songs from where I last paused the music.

Has anyone else noticed this change lately? It hasn't happened every time I've tried to resume music playback from Groove, but it has happened at least 4 times in the past 5 days. I'm not sure if this is a glitch from a recent update or if I'm somehow skipping to previous tracks several times when I get out of the car without realizing it. I really doubt that is the case since I've been using Groove on Windows 10 mobile for about a year without ever having experienced this before.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I havent noticed that problem, I use groove for streaming stations in my car and I use it to play my stuff locally when I'm on the bus/metro on my way to work and for both ways groove has always left off where I stopped it... could it be perhaps your using the back button by accident instead of closing it by the windows? dunno just grasping at straws here maybe lol

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Normally, the music is stopped either when I unplug the cable from the headphone jack or when I shut off the car, which closes the Bluetooth connection. I normally resume music by pressing the volume key and tapping the play button from the banner, but if I actually do have to open the Groove app, I usually tap the Windows key to return to the start screen and leave Groove suspended in the background. I don't use the back button in Groove unless I'm navigating within the app to search for other music.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine's doing the same thing - very frustrating. I open Groove - start playing music in my car over Bluetooth. I press the home button (L950) to suspend Groove. Sometimes it picks up where it left off next time I'm in the car - but sometimes it goes back to where it left off the last time I was in the car. This morning I had to skip forward about 12 songs to get back to where I left off last night.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs