Skype and default Video Call

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Why in the heck is Skype not available as being selectable as the default video call app on their own OS (Windows 10 Mobile). Completely ridiculous and embarrassing.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The whole beta and preview crap they have been slapping on everything is a joke. The OS and its majority entities should be polished by now, instead it just a glitch mess. Said because they were so close with Windows Phone 8. Every update comes, and I still have some of the most ridiculous glitches. Why cant they get these out already?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh goodie!!!! No more preview! Oh wait...still cant set as default. Still cant get skype messages in your SMS messaging app. Still crashing. Still adding duplicate contacts with each update. Blah, blah, blah. Fire the whole group already.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So just officially download the update that removes the preview label AND I STILL CANT MAKE SKYPE MY DEFAULT VIDEO CALL APP ON THEIR MICROSOFT'S DAMN OS. I am convinced they have hired monkeys since this CEO took over. Things have gone from bad, to worse, to comical.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Yep, the WinRT Skype app has been in development since 2013 and it's still garbage. It's better than ever now, true, but almost 5 years later and it's still not up to desktop parity, let alone all phone features, or iOS/Android for that matter.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Update: Skype UWP is available. You need to enable People sync in Skype and Skype sync in People. Then you need to link the Outlook contact with the Skype contact. Then, when that person will call you, you may switch directly to a Skype video call.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb