Did you switch from WMP to Groove for all your digital music needs?

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm a long time WMP user (as well as Zune pass subscriber). Back in the day, I could download tracks with Zune and play them back in WMP. That allowed me to create playlists of songs regardless of origin (e.g. rip CD, purchase from iTunes, Zune-pass download, etc.) With Groove pass, I can still download tracks, see them in WMP, and even add to a playlist, but I can't play them (DRM error). So has anyone gone "all-in" on Groove as their new "WMP" and used it to manage their music? I am struggling to make the switch as it's presentation isn't nearly as info-rich as WMP.

Uggg. if Microsoft would just go back to the way things were with Zune-pass subscriber downloads, and allow me to play them in WMP. I paid to hear the track. What difference does it make if I play it in Groove or WMP?

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I just recently dumped iTunes for my music management and switched to WMP. It still is way more feature rich than Groove, no problems. I can still USB connect my Windows Phone to my desktop to download music, where Groove will find it and play it. So happy to finally rid myself of the last Apple remnant.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I pretty much use Groove now for my music management on Windows 10.

I keep WMP however for ripping and burning CD's (Yes I still do this)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster