So - have been doing some research, but could use some help from the community.

Any tips/tricks in picking a solid VPN? Are there certain criteria or concerns you make sure your VPN covers off before you subscribe? I'm a newb - so any info you have is appreciated!!
    heyanil673 likes this.
    04-19-2017 11:04 AM
    FWIIW, I picked VPN Unlimited, principally because it works on Windows Phones (and all other platforms, because I have an Android too, and beyond that who knows which device I'll have in a year or two).
    heyanil673 likes this.
    04-23-2017 04:54 PM
    go for ivacy. Its the best in market. I use it for private browsing and online streming
    heyanil673 likes this.
    05-11-2017 06:01 AM
    If you are considering to buy a VPN then you should consider these things:

Jurisdiction
    VPN Logs
    Encryption
    Support for Kodi devices
    Speed test
    Dedicated addon/ OpenVPN addon
    Number of servers
    Transparency Report
    IP Leaks
    Cost
    TrustPilot Rating

Check out VPN reviews 2019 to explore 120+ VPN providers.
    Last edited by carlevans459; 04-03-2019 at 07:51 AM. Reason: remove link
    04-02-2019 06:39 AM
    If you are considering to buy a VPN then you should consider these things:

Jurisdiction
    VPN Logs
    Encryption
    Support for Kodi devices
    Speed test
    Dedicated addon/ OpenVPN addon
    Number of servers
    Transparency Report
    IP Leaks
    Cost
    TrustPilot Rating

Check out VPN reviews 2019 to explore 120+ VPN providers.
    Though this is an old thread, and since 2017, the criteria to pick a VPN service has changed a lot!! and there is a lot of debate on how these VPN services operate. Previously jurisdiction was not a problem at all, however since the formation of 5,14 and 9 eyes countries people are reluctant to get VPN services which are based in US, UK, Canada and others. One great example is that of PIA, which is a very incredible and old service but with their base in USA which is a 5 eyes country source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes people are now reluctant to get this service.

On contrary to it Surfshark which is primarily a new VPN service is not under any jurisdiction as it operates in an independent jurisdiction which is "British Virgin Island (BVI)" same as ExpressVPN. Surfshark service review https://www.bestvpn.co/reviews/surfshark/ also states they don't keep the following types of logs:
    1. Incoming and outgoing IP addresses (Your personal IP and the IP of the Surfshark’s server you connected to)
    2. Browsing, downloading or purchasing history;
    3. VPN servers you use
    4. Used bandwidth
    5. Session information
    6. Connection timestamps (When was a server connected to and disconnected from and how long did the user actually stay on that particular session)
    7. Network traffic

Therefore in this era picking a VPN service to secure your online activity you need to be vigilant and ensure your VPN does not keeps log, has been audited by a 3rd party company, has good Trustpilot reviews (this can be forged).
    04-09-2019 05:05 AM
    So - have been doing some research, but could use some help from the community.

Any tips/tricks in picking a solid VPN? Are there certain criteria or concerns you make sure your VPN covers off before you subscribe? I'm a newb - so any info you have is appreciated!!

I prefer Cool Tech Zone For me, it is the most convenient and the set of functions meets my requirements and expectations.
    04-25-2019 02:52 AM
    Hi James,

I'm using ExpressVPN from last 6 months and believe me the speed is absolutely awesome. For a VPN to be good, it must offer good speed, stable connection and a variety of countries to choose from. Do let me know what you think about it?
    04-25-2019 12:16 PM