Favourite UWP or new UWP Apps?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Thought it might be nice to have a central place where everyone puts their favourites, and new apps they like that come alone.

This way, it would serve as something of a guide, for people looking for dope apps. Games of course included!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Apps

Kodi
Skype preview
Flipboard
Facebook
Messenger
Instagram
Instapic (lets you do upload from non-phone devices)
Twitter
Windows Central
8 soundcloud
Book Viewer (This like Kodi, is a must have, its excellent - has full bookshelf readers all the filetypes including comics, and its quick and good looking)
Netflix

Games

Asphalt 8 airborne
Botanicula
Lara Croft GO, Hitman GO, etc
Modern Combat 5 blackout
Tiny Troopers

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Just found this today. Dunno how good it is:

FL Studio Mobile. I'd rather use the desktop version, but for folks with mobiles, might be good.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Also never used it but "WebApps" might be useful to some phone users. It runs webapps, which have pretty mobile friendly UIs and nice load times, in browserless windows, and has a curated list of webapps.

It's basically webapps like you'd make from desktop chrome without the hassle and the research, for all those things you might be missing.

Like Spotify for example. Or google+, gmail or google maps. Or youtube.

Never tried it, but I have a number of webapps on my tablet set up like this (Specifically google maps, Spotify and youtube) using chrome save to desktop. Some windows 10 mobile users frustrated with app selection _might_ just fill some of their need here.

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Oh, I forget Plex.

If you set up a plex media server (which is pretty easy), the UWP is great for streaming to your other devices, like tablets, phones, laptops. Gives you a nice kodi like catalogue view of all your stuff on your media server, and streams like a boss.

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Money Tracker Pro
mTalk
My Radar Ad-Free
Groove Music
City Art Search/CAS Preview
Any of Timo Partl's apps (Diarium; GeoPhoto; Working hours Pro; DailyPic; Atomic Clock)
Ouga
Grover Pro
Action Note
MeteoLens
AAWP Universal
Enpass
Feedlab
Inkodo
WP for Windows
Perfect Tube
OneLocker

Sent from mTalk on my Alcatel Idol 4S for Windows

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how facebook or messenger can make the list.

They are alright at best on windows 10 mobile. Much more stable on my surface.

But my fav apps are:
Money Wallet
Microsoft To Do
Trakter

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I forget Plex.

If you set up a plex media server (which is pretty easy), the UWP is great for streaming to your other devices, like tablets, phones, laptops. Gives you a nice kodi like catalogue view of all your stuff on your media server, and streams like a boss.

But it's not free, is it?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
But it's not free, is it?

Not really no. To get the full features you need either a subscription or a one off fee. The server software is free. And you can use it as a local catalogue for local media or to transfer files for free.

You can also get plex server working with kodi (which is also great), which is free, but its a fair bit complicated and not uwp (so it'll work with a tablet but not a phone).

So yeah, not free. 4.99 usd/month or 40 bucks a year Its a good option though for multi-device homes with a media collection, or just collectors in general. There's apps for every platform which helps.

For non-collectors, there's always Netflix. Also apps for every platform. Although that doesn't share all your personal content like photos.

It has the advantage over media sharing devices etc, wireless hard drives, of being accessing remotely (ie away from home). Although technically one can stream from onedrive too, personally I'd never both outside of a few albums because without fibre cloud is a drag for me.

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Not sure how facebook or messenger can make the list.

They are alright at best on windows 10 mobile. Much more stable on my surface.

But my fav apps are:
Money Wallet
Microsoft To Do
Trakter

I'm more of a tablet user than a phone user. Facebook and Instagram on a tablet are sweet. Might be a little busy on a phone? maybe not optimised enough?....But hey, UWPs are for everyone, and they work real nice for me.

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I use Fantasia Painter quite a lot on my 950XL, but unfortunately it doesn't work on Continuum. Any alternatives out there?
I dont want those run-of-the-mill filter based app but looking for apps with as much manual controls/fine-tuning as possible.

Thanks.

... !

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The best UWP so far is the Easy Movie Maker app, I use it all the time to edit my videos .
If you liked the Windows Movie Maker this is a better replacement, I really love it.
My Wife and I go bike riding on the Cape Cod Canal and I usually video tape our rides along the way and the use Easy Move Maker to put it all together right from my Lumia 950.
So if your still looking for the replacement for the Windows Live Movie Maker try it you'll love it once you get used to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte