Word 2016, Insert Image, and Creators Update

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Since upgrading to CU, the Word 2016 is pretty useless. I am unable to insert an image from the PC, as the OS update had changed this insert behavior, and the dialog just freezes. Likewise, when I want to change an existing image (by right-clicking on an image and selecting 'Change Image'), the dialog will freeze the app. I have to run the Task Manager to kill the Word processes. Now, all that happens when Word is run is the splash screen. Soon I'll be looking to uninstall and reinstall Word.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Since upgrading to CU, the Word 2016 is pretty useless. I am unable to insert an image from the PC, as the OS update had changed this insert behavior, and the dialog just freezes. Likewise, when I want to change an existing image (by right-clicking on an image and selecting 'Change Image'), the dialog will freeze the app. I have to run the Task Manager to kill the Word processes. Now, all that happens when Word is run is the splash screen. Soon I'll be looking to uninstall and reinstall Word.

Before you do the uninstall/reinstall, try the Repair option first.

Assuming you are using a PC/Tablet, not a Mobile.
Go to Program and |features > right click at Microsoft Office 2016 > click Change > click Repair.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on change/repair. I chose that option and Word still freezes whenever I engage the Insert/image dialog. I'll need to contact MS to see what gives.

Update: I visited office.com's support page and found this article:
https://support.office.com/f1/topic/bf6bf17c-2807-4871-83ce-e337ae8f0b86

Upgrading Malwarebytes to their beta 3.1.0 fixed the issue.​

"After updating Windows 10 (such as updating from Windows 10 Anniversary Update to Windows 10 Creators Update, or from the Windows 10 November Update to Windows 10 Creators Update) and with Malwarebytes installed, you may experience crashes with Office 2016 or Office 2013. Most common occurrences are the following: . . ."

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss