A million apps?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
2014 august 300,000 apps in the windows store
2015 September 700,000 apps in the windows store

Since then not a word. Are they creeping up to a million apps?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they stopped reporting that metric because they realized it reflected more about how many crappy apps there are in the Windows Store as compared to quality apps.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Maybe they stopped reporting that metric because they realized it reflected more about how many crappy apps there are in the Windows Store as compared to quality apps.

That much is true of all the app counts but it still reflects growth. I think they stopped counting because of idroid and wanted to wait for a better sounding number

chain13

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I think its already over million but they don't announce because there are still some big names absence.

Last edited:

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
2014 august 300,000 apps in the windows store
2015 September 700,000 apps in the windows store

Since then not a word. Are they creeping up to a million apps?
At that time there was app problem only,but now there is no sign of new hardware,future of windows mobile etc

Sent from mTalk

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
At that time there was app problem only,but now there is no sign of new hardware,future of windows mobile etc

Sent from mTalk

Do you think that doubt would stop if mobile gets feature updates in fall, and someone like alcatel or HP released a new handset (or wiley fox, as they have said they will)?

What would it actually take to convince the doubters?

Nadella on his hands and knees saying pretty please use our phones i'll promise I'll be good? XD

A phone that acts as a hoover board?

Then again, do regular people even care? Are ordinary everyday windows 10 mobile users are following hardware releases or official statements from MS? Is this website remotely representative?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Do you think that doubt would stop if mobile gets feature updates in fall, and someone like alcatel or HP released a new handset (or wiley fox, as they have said they will)?

What would it actually take to convince the doubters?

Nadella on his hands and knees saying pretty please use our phones i'll promise I'll be good? XD

A phone that acts as a hoover board?

Then again, do regular people even care? Are ordinary everyday windows 10 mobile users are following hardware releases or official statements from MS? Is this website remotely representative?

The average person, at least in the U.S., has only heard of the big manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, maybe HTC. It would take something like that to get any attention.
Then again even W10M users wouldn't support a manufacturer trying to put out a new device so how can we expect others to pay attention?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I know, and the likes of where Windows is moving as a whole says nothing, right? Sarcasm here of course...

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
The average person, at least in the U.S., has only heard of the big manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, maybe HTC. It would take something like that to get any attention.
Then again even W10M users wouldn't support a manufacturer trying to put out a new device so how can we expect others to pay attention?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
If that's the case the average person doesn't even know windows 10 mobile exists. They would see that first phone by Lenovo, huawei, Samsung, htc or whomever as a first. It would only be born in the public consciousness when the first well known phone is marketed (surface surely would also count, people know about the surface brand)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It would only be born in the public consciousness when the first well known phone is marketed (surface surely would also count, people know about the surface brand)
It would, true. When its time it will arrive. Items have paved and are paving the way for such new(er) device(s).

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Was looking tonight for a spelling bee, test type of game or app for my 7 year old... figure just read out the word, read it in a sentence, let user spell it...

Nothing like that, thought there'd be lots

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Was looking tonight for a spelling bee, test type of game or app for my 7 year old... figure just read out the word, read it in a sentence, let user spell it...

Nothing like that, thought there'd be lots

That's surprising, education is one of the stores stronger areas. I just searched spelling and there was a lot of spelling quizzes and games.

I suppose you want a specific kind of spelling game tho...one where it reads the word out, rather than spelling or fixing written words.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I suppose you want a specific kind of spelling game tho...one where it reads the word out, rather than spelling or fixing written words.

Yea the ones I saw right now are too advanced for her. She's starting spelling bee style tests, just needs to know how to spell thing at this time :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs