Libby by Overdrive (eBooks and Audiobooks)

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just want to note that Overdrive just released their UWP app. Overdrive is the leading platform for public library for loaning eBooks and audiobooks. I have been using their old Windows 8 apps (Desktop and Mobile) for years and this one blows those out of the water (better interface and it actually works on mobile; the mobile W8 version started having problems few weeks back downloading).

You can get the free app from here:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fstore%2Fapps%2F9p6g3tcr4hzr&token=CIwrIf1k

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It's pretty smooth! They did a great job with it. I miss having access to my wishlist though, hopefully they will do something about that in the future.

lmoritz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty smooth! They did a great job with it. I miss having access to my wishlist though, hopefully they will do something about that in the future.

This app was rebuilt from the ground up, so you may not be able to access any previous data, but a tip with the new app is that you can tag items in the library. This in effect can function as a wishlist.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
This app was rebuilt from the ground up, so you may not be able to access any previous data, but a tip with the new app is that you can tag items in the library. This in effect can function as a wishlist.

Hmm okay, thanks for sharing that tip. Since I see that there's a tagged tab, that will work just fine for me.

I do like to check my wishlist to see if titles that weren't available at the time became available so a hold isn't needed much.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to come back and note that the tag idea is EXCELLENT! I see a tag that looks like a stack of books and I have been using that as a wishlist so that I can re-add all of the stuff that I have back to this list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes